Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (codyboards)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
So heres my problem. I've been riding for about 2 years on and off. I've got the basics and am advancing quick (would be quicker if I had some instruction). I'm about 5' 8" and about 140 lbs what is a good board for me? The board I have now is a hand me down from my husband and I don't care for it at all I tried his Gator Board and love it but I can't keep the damn thing under me. I jump and get more air than I ever have before but I always seem to land on my head, ouch. I blame it on the board but I'm sure it's user error. Any suggestions either on keeping the board under me or a good intermediate female board, I'm not picky on graphics. I would prefer to get my own board so we aren't switching bindings all the time.
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-22-2006, 9:37 PM Reply   
Hi Kristen. I have a HL Tement, Old Murray and I love it. It is very forgiving yet cuts hard with good pop
Old     (fbricard)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-23-2006, 6:07 AM Reply   
Hi Kristen,

I've heard great things about the Temet as well and was getting one for my wife from the below mentioned sales thread on WW.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/351825.html?1155478473

It fell through cause of shipping issues (I'm in Singapore at the moment), but contact Mark, he's a real friendly and helpful guy and the board looks to be in great condition from the pics he sent me. I'm sure you'd love it too.
Old     (borka)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-23-2006, 6:20 AM Reply   
Kristen, its really nice girl-stuff! Check it out-
http://www.wakeworld.com/boardguide/getboard7.asp?ProductID=3088
Syns shape - same like Era.
I had Era. Nice board, really nice...
Old     (codyboards)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
Thanks I'll have to see if I can demo these boards, I hate to buy with out riding them first.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-23-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
Tanya...

I wouldnt say the temet is really hard cutting board. I rode it for two years, and here is what I think:

It is a great freeride shape, and VERY forgiving. Pop is ok, but leaves something to be desired (absolutely NO buck, but what did I expect?). It tracks pretty well once it is on edge, but getting there takes FOREVER...it seems to "hang" before it accelerates.

I am just being really critical though...the temet is a great board (if not a tad heavy) and will defrinitly help you progress well with your fundamentals.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-23-2006, 1:58 PM Reply   
Kristen - I just switched to a LF Substance (138) and love it. I'm 5'8", 120# (although that's gonna change if I keep hitting up Peaberry's every day!!) and have been riding about 2 1/2 summers (off and on). I think that the "girl" version of this board might be the Cadence, but I'm not sure.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-23-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
Kristen, Demo a CWB Lotus as well I sold alot of them this year and all the ladies were very happy with the Lotus.
Best of luck to you.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
We set most of the girls/women at our school up with the O'Brien Atla. It's a solid riding board, and it has wicked graphics! Can't go wrong with hot pink.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-23-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
Kristen,
I ride a CWB Absolute. Gives great pop and a nice soft cushy landing. Everyone on here will give your their favorites, best thing is to get out and demo.