Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       10-27-2005, 2:11 PM Reply   
I was cruising on e-bay and came across this x-star.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-Mastercraft-X-2-Ski-and-Wakeboard-Boat_W0QQitemZ7192611720QQcategoryZ15272QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

I know I saw this same listing about a month ago. I guess they are looking for some sucker to bite?
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-27-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
I love how it asks you to not bid on this auction and how he is at work.
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-27-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
sh:t, i can't believe he's still trying.

i'd like to go to chesapeake bay with a lawyer to see the boat and pay in cash.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-27-2005, 2:39 PM Reply   
This dude is persistent isn't he? Can't believe ebay hasn't permanently banned this chump.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-27-2005, 2:41 PM Reply   
The whole page has to be a fakie. It say he has 100% rating. My ass.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
I'm guessing that he has a buy it now price at the down payment. Once you buy it now, you'll be suckered into buying it at some over market value.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-27-2005, 3:02 PM Reply   
I'm totally confused on this guy. I know the boat and his other listing for a golf cart have to be bs, but the feedbacks and other info seems to be up to Ebay par. Am I missing something here?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-27-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
its not uncommon for scammers to hi-jack other peoples account, probably what this guy did
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-27-2005, 4:09 PM Reply   
Ben is right,
The guy probably has some good Programming skills and Hi-Jacked the unsuspecting guy's e-bay account.

Here is the scam.
Thjis guy wants you to e-mail him and he will make you a deal for like $6k for the boat. all you have to do is wire him the money. He will not take paypal or anyother thing. He will say the boat is available as soon as you pay via wire transfer or through a fake Square Trade Acct..

And walla

You own a boat that does not exsist and your out $6k. And buy the way this guy is in Amsterdam or someplace running this whole scam.

If it looks , smells, and tastes like "SHAT" , it is!!!!
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-27-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
I didn't think about taking over someone else's account. That part slipped my mind. A guy I work with got mixed up in a deal like this over autotrader.com. He was the seller and a guy contacted him acting as a proxy for a "real" buyer. Long story short it was some crap like "I'll send you 2k over your asking price to pay for shipping. Whatever extra is left over was expected to be returned via money order. My buddy almost bought into this until he figured out he was about to lose his car and around a grand of his own dough. Silly crap, people never cease to amaze me.
Old     (owaved)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-27-2005, 6:34 PM Reply   
Just clicked on the link and the item has been removed with the below Market Place Warning.

This listing (7192611720) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction canceled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs.

Items that ended more than 90 days ago are no longer accessible through the eBay system.

Marketplace Safety Tip

Never pay for your eBay item using instant cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram or by recharging somebody's prepaid credit card. These methods are not safe to pay people you do not know personally.

In addition, these payment methods are not eligible for the eBay buyer protection programs.

Further information on trading safely

Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-27-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
im curious
i typed in mc x2 on the ebay search and it pulled up an auction for the same boat but this one is no scam, did this douschebag just copy this auctions pictures and hope for an email
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-27-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-mastercraft-x2-wakeboard-boat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63686QQitemZ458502 1202QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-28-2005, 8:04 AM Reply   
Watch out with Ebay E Doub is right because it happened to me. And he got it through accessing my now old email account. I had some ebay stuff saved in my inbox and next thing I knwo I am selling a crotchrocket I don't even own.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-28-2005, 8:02 PM Reply   
Looks like they at least got one set of ebay scammers. Three Romanians in London. See the link.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/10/28/ebay.scam.ap/index.html