Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-06-2005, 4:00 PM Reply   
Ok
I have a 2004 Centuiron Air-Warrior with 600lbs in the back and about 6 people everytime i ride.

1. Should I use the center ballast?

2. How fast should I go. (not having PP really makes it hard).

3. Do I need more weight?

4. I feel the "sweet spot" for a whil;e and then it just goes away? ( i think it is because of speed issues)

5. I cant go w/o the rope at all well i can for like 10 seconds.

I just need some major help.
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-06-2005, 4:47 PM Reply   
1.Yes use the center ballast but put all your people on the side you surf on. 2. Use a GPS unit to read your speed. It's different for every boat. Try between 9 and 11 miles per hour. 3. You should have enough weight but keep it on one side. 4. To stay in the sweet spot put weight on your toes if facing the wake. Use your front foot for the gas pedal and back foot for the break, but only make gradual changes. If you put all you weight on your front foot you will hit the boat. Just gradually weight your front and back foot to move forward and backward. Don't give up and you will get it in no time.
Sue
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-06-2005, 8:01 PM Reply   
I don’t know what an Air Warrior is. I have an 04 Centurion Lightning. I have no trouble wake surfing with a crew of three, driver, watcher, and surfer. If your Air Warrior is anything like a Lightning you should have a very good boat for surfing.

Here’s what I do for regular foot surfing:
1) Fill port and center ballast, empty starboard.
2) Speed around 10 mph
3) If I have more crew I usually have them more to the port-stern than the front, but too much weight at stern can be bad too.

Most everyone that I surf with is goofy. For goofy reverse the weight setup, heavy on port. I have a hydraulic wakeplate, for regular the plate is at 0%. For goofy I set the wakeplate at 100% for a lightly weighted boat and 50% if I have a crew of five or more.

I tip the scales at 220 and ride a Broadcast 5.6. I tried riding an old Skurfer early last season but it was too small

Cheers
Do'n the Dew
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-07-2005, 12:24 AM Reply   
Whoa Ed! Someone stole the bottom half of your shorts. Had to put on my shades
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-07-2005, 1:24 AM Reply   
Hype Suspect- I have an 05 Elite-V Air Warrior, and our surf setup consists of about 300lbs up front usually just people, the center 500 tank filled, along with 600 in the back locker, and another 600 on the seat(same side as locker) wake gets to be very large. Just throw more front weight and keep goin back.
~Tyler~
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-07-2005, 1:33 AM Reply   
oh my bad we ride at about 11.5, and heres a couple pics not very good but hey back off

OHHH and heres the Elite-V Drive C4 Air Warrior for Ed.

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-07-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
Buzz, ya I guess I was concentrating on riding and drinking and forgot to adjust my gear.

I checked the Centurion web site, looks like your Air Warrior is about the same thing as my Lightning. If you put more weight on board like Tyler does your wake will grow and you can increase the surf speed. Less weight - slower speeds.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-07-2005, 12:46 PM Reply   
Ed,

I do that on purpose sometimes, just to mess with everyone on the boat. Deep down inside, they really love my tan lines