Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       07-10-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
Has anybody had a problem with the new 2006 X-2 ballast tanks? I was out in one on July 4th and the center tank would not empty the last 2/3 of the tank. The dealer told the owner that this was by design, which is obviously bull. Was just wondering if anybody else had this problem and possibly a solution.

Thanks, Jon
(For a bad DJ in Oshkosh WI call this guy:
http://jonpfowler.com/wedding/craigstapeldj.htm)
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-10-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
Sorry I dont have a fix for you but I do find it hilarious the dealer tried to sell you that type of B.S
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
In our 06 X-1 there is always a little bit of water left in the center sac; but definately not 2/3 of the water. I asked the dealer about this and he said if you really want it all out you can pick up the bag so the water flows to the outlet, but I don't think leaving a little in there will harm much of anything unless left sitting for a very prolonged period of time... which is not the case with the new boat
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-10-2006, 4:43 PM Reply   
How did you measure that there was 2/3 of the water left in it?
Old     (jonfo)      Join Date: May 2002       07-10-2006, 6:23 PM Reply   
By looking at the guage it reads 2/3. The dealer said there was some kind of method to fill the rear ballast tanks, then drive around with the nose of the boat up while draining the center ballast, but we tried and that did not work. I suppose it is possible the guage is wrong, but it only pumped out for about 1 minute before stopping. you can hear the pump, but it pumps nothing out. the owner of the boat said it was harder to put on the trailer with the center tank full so he had noticed not only the guage, but the extra weight in the boat when trailering.
Old     (mitchj)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-10-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
Mine is like that also I dump the front first with the bow up on plane if the boat is flat in the water the ballast runs forward . After you get used its not a problem
Old     (bigbird1031)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-10-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
mine has always emptied to almost zero. i keep the rpms above 1500 while dumping
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-10-2006, 10:13 PM Reply   
did you open up the floor and check to make sure the pickup hose is on the bottom of the bag? If the pump is running and no water is pumping, thenthe hose is not touching water in the bag, or, you have smoked your fins off the impeller and you need a new one. Either scenario will take you less that 5 minutes to fix