Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old    mia            07-16-2005, 1:13 PM Reply   
looking to get a boat alarm installed on my cc 211 and looking for suggestions..

- brand (reliable and actually works)
- zone pins (passenger seat and side seat, glove box, and rear hatch lids, an
- proximity sensors(one in bow and the other in the center)
- remote pager warning

is there anything i am missing or any suggestions?

thanks,

mike

Old     (deltaboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-16-2005, 10:26 PM Reply   
there is a good type of security system out there but I forgot the website. If you have a snap on cover, some of the snaps on the hull are wired and when the cover is undone, it sets off the alarm.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-17-2005, 2:04 AM Reply   
i did one. i will post what i did on monday.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-17-2005, 9:38 AM Reply   
Mike,

Give me a call (or I guess I could return your from the other day - sorry). Mine on my boat works great. Pin switch on the stereo compartment/seat back, and a prox sensor under the back seat. I really don't think you need two sensors. Mine has a sensitivity adjustment. If you even look over the top of my boat, it goes off. I am wondering why I have a pin switch now. The prox sensor detects way before anyone would have a chance to get to the seat back. I don't have the pager, but had one on a previous alarm. They work pretty well.

Talk to you soon.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-18-2005, 9:32 AM Reply   
since boats are 12 volts like a car you can do all the same features for your alarm. pin swiches, snap swiches, that replace existing snaps, pressure pads that can go under the carpet, proximity sensors, and yes ive even done a couple remote starts, with an aux tied into the blower. if you can dream it someone can do it.

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-18-2005, 10:21 AM Reply   
do not use proximity sensors. too many false alarms. also use the magnetic pen switches. they work best. i also used a motion or vibration sensor mounted on the back of the deck