Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-17-2013, 6:22 AM Reply   
I am in the market for a new boat. The two on the top of my list are the Z3 and new LSV. I am a huge surfer so wave is important to me. I know the Z3 has one of the best. I"m also considering the lsv for the ease of surf gate. Lets face it, it simplifies surfing, and makes me feel at ease having my wife drive it while I surf. Was hoping people could chime in on there opinions as I haven't got to demo them yet. I'm hoping to demo them in the next week or 2.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-17-2013, 11:43 AM Reply   
I got to demo an lsv with surf gate and I was not impressed with the surf wave. It seemed like the wave had no push.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-17-2013, 11:45 AM Reply   
hmm really? what are you comparing it to? what did you ride before?
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-17-2013, 5:18 PM Reply   
An Enzo 244 a supra 22ssv and an mb f21. The wave had a great looking shape and a long looking pocket but you had to really work to stay on the wave.
Old     (F725)      Join Date: May 2010       09-19-2013, 12:37 PM Reply   
Go with a Malibu with Surfgate or a Nautique with NSS. Easy driving and easy weight set-up.
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-19-2013, 1:56 PM Reply   
@22vdrive.
I have experienced the same feeling with the surf gate. Looks real big and long but little push. But once we added a little extra weight it was unbelievable. So I may I ask, how was it weighted out. I know some dealers don't like slam them during a demo.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-19-2013, 2:01 PM Reply   
Potato I don't recall exactly how much weight we had on it nor what the configuration was. I know it was at one point quite slammed. I love the surf gate concept but I was not sold from the short demo we had. I wish we had the correct ballast on it. What set-up did you have success with in order to create a good wave?
Old     (PotatoShack)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-20-2013, 5:26 AM Reply   
We had the plug n play rears full. Front bag full and center tank half full. One surf two in the boat. That set up was the first where I had the same experience you did. Then we added 3 people and the wedge down and it was night and day difference.
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-20-2013, 6:04 AM Reply   
I just saw alty's video and that wave looks legit I wish we could have gotten ours to look like that on the demo.
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-07-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
I demo'ed a VLX a few weeks back with SG..

Stock ( all 4 stock tanks full) the wave looked good.... and I gave it a try.. It did lack push.. really had to work it to stay with the boat and very little room for setting up tricks... I kinda expected this from some of the reviews. The dealer was nice enough to let me bring some extra ballast to test.

I put #400 in each rear locker, ( Flyhigh Vdrive bags) and 2 X Flyhigh 150's in the bow.

Back out to try......Right away it was Dialed! night and day difference.

We got to ride it for most of the afternoon like this. ( I think we put 4 hours on the demo boat) so by the end of the day I was really comfortable with the wave and the transfers.

Im coming from a RZ2 with custom 1100lb sacks and that VLX surfed every bit as good in my opinion. Surfgate makes it to easy and driving the boat flat is just awesome!

My inlaws ended up custom ordering a 14 VLX and I won't be far behind wiith a new LSV.

I can't wait to spring..
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-07-2013, 8:56 AM Reply   
I ended up ordering a Z3. Both were nice boats. For me the fact that my dealer was on the lake, and maintenance was covered for the first 3 years was a major factor. With the malibu I would have a 3 hr ride to the dealer for work. I also just liked the fit and finish on the tige interior better. I think malibu has kinda cheapened their interior on the new 14 lsv. It doesn't seem near as nice as older models.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-09-2013, 7:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFanatic5 View Post
I ended up ordering a Z3. Both were nice boats. For me the fact that my dealer was on the lake, and maintenance was covered for the first 3 years was a major factor. With the malibu I would have a 3 hr ride to the dealer for work. I also just liked the fit and finish on the tige interior better. I think malibu has kinda cheapened their interior on the new 14 lsv. It doesn't seem near as nice as older models.
I read your initial comments on the interior of the LSV and was a bit worried, I'm int he market for one. Climbed around in one yesterday and I think the interior is great. I think they did some really nice things with the LSV interior. Still not a huge fan of the helm, but it's much better than the VTX since it's spread out nicely. I'm taking one out next week and I'm going to throw some weight at her and see what all she can do with the LS3.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-09-2013, 8:13 AM Reply   
maybe it was just the one I saw. But I did not like how the center section of the back cushion was missing. and how the lines in the vynol from piece to piece didn't line up. I also did not like the dash. One digital screen for everything, then another off to the side for other features. I liked that tige still had gauges. Was also disappointed in the inserts. They were a cheap plastic.
Old     (rugbyballa3)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-09-2013, 8:23 AM Reply   
Enzo ram fill
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-09-2013, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFanatic5 View Post
maybe it was just the one I saw. But I did not like how the center section of the back cushion was missing. and how the lines in the vynol from piece to piece didn't line up. I also did not like the dash. One digital screen for everything, then another off to the side for other features. I liked that tige still had gauges. Was also disappointed in the inserts. They were a cheap plastic.
I like the center piece on the cushions, gives it different flow and doesn't affect comfort at all. All the pieces in the one I went in lined up well, so it might have just been that boat. I've seen this on all brands. Not a fan of lack of gauges either, but it looks like sooner or later all brands will be that way. The two screens are a gripe malibu has had for a while, but I don't think it's a deal breaker at all. All in all the lines on the boat and the size are great, plus it's an LSV a tried and true great all around wake. I don't what the changes will do to that wake, but will find out soon
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-09-2013, 11:24 AM Reply   
nice! new boats are great!