Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (cougarfan83)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-02-2013, 7:24 PM Reply   
Just wanted to pass along my recent experience with AquaLEDs (aqualeds.com)

I had read several positive reviews on here from members about AquaLEDs. I went ahead and ordered two white underwater LED lights. One of the lights was delivered defective. I called the company but had to make several phone calls to get a hold of anyone. When I was finally able to speak to someone (Gene), I told him what had happened. He told me I would need to return it and that they would then send out a new one. I expected that. To make a long story short, I bought a new light to expedite the process and was told I would be refunded when the defective light was returned.

After more than a month, it had not been refunded. I gave it 5 weeks. I tried several times to call the company and despite calling during business hours, I was never able to speak to anyone. I left several messages but with no response. Finally, I was able to speak to Gene yesterday and he insisted that it had already been refunded. As I still did not see it posted on my bank account, I sent him the following email. It was his response that floored me. Follow the email chain below. I know it is long, but it is telling.

Gene,

I am becoming quite frustrated with the service your company has provided. My original order was damaged requiring me to return the product. Rather than refund my money, I was required to purchase another light and send back the defective one. I was told at that time that as soon as the defective light was returned, my money would be immediately refunded.

I purchased a new light on May 29th. I returned the defective light the following day.

As of today, July 2nd, I have yet to receive a refund. When I spoke to you this morning via telephone (after 4 previous phone calls that were not returned), I was told that it had already been refunded.

I have gone over my bank account records thoroughly, and the money has indeed not been refunded.

This service is extremely disappointing. I first heard about Aqua LEDs through online forums on TheMalibuCrew and WakeWorld. These are extremely big forums and positive feedback has the potential to drive a lot of traffic to your company. Based on my experience thus far, I do not feel that I can give a positive review of your company.

Please see that the situation is corrected and my money refunded.

Thank you.

His reply:

You were refunded. I take that as an insult and you may say what you will. It will not hurt our $50k a day business. we have been very busy and under staffed, so we do the best we can. And if your crying about $125, well then you are in the wrong past time. (boating)

My reply:

Wow! You're quick and sarcasm-filled response only further confirmed my poor impression of your company. If anything, I am the one that should be insulted by your total lack of professionalism. I admit that I was upset, but that still does not justify a juvenile response on your behalf. A simple explanation that it was refunded yesterday and might take a few days to post would have been sufficient. An apology would have done wonders to change my impression.

For a company making $50,000/day, you would think that you could hire more help. At a minimum, you should be able to hire a receptionist to answer your phones. Clearly, your company is much bigger than me and my measly $125. Thank you for the advice though. I have now decided to give up boating.

2nd Reply

You insulted me. When you called today, I said you had been refunded, then you email tonight to tell me how you are going to * try* to ruin my image..LoL.. sorry, for every 1000 lights I sell I always get a Dollar Boater... You know, the guy that holds up the fuel dock to put $10 in their tank..

Who wants to do business with a company that treats their customers with such disdain? I don't care how good the product is...

Be warned and take your business elsewhere!