Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-23-2012, 11:30 AM Reply   
Just watched this new clip of Keenan surfing. We also interviewed him this past week, and it should be out in a few days and in the interview he mentioned his new surf style board he is working on with Inland Surfer. Sounds very cool, he is excited and I know he is signed up for open surf and open skim at the West Coast Wakesurf Open. If you check out this video, you will see some of the usual and some new complete Keenan Bad-A$$ery, but you will also see him riding what I am guessing must be that new board.

Keenan's words to me was that this thing was going to be the fastest and best surf board anyone has seen to date. Judging by the riding, seems like he would know. ;-)

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-23-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
Man, he does a couple 540 shuvs, and I think a 540 big spin? I have to watch it slower, can't quite tell.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-23-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
Totally Awesome!! Definitely upping the Bar!!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-23-2012, 1:15 PM Reply   
I have watched this at least 5 times now

the switch frontside 360 shove it is next level!

When are we going to see a kickflip? or a regular frontside bigspin on a frontside wake?
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-24-2012, 10:02 AM Reply   
Guessing this board will be a 2013 model? I always find it funny to hear about a 'new board' coming out after I JUST purchased the 2012 KF Pro Model this weekend

Like Mitch said, I've watched this video a number of times now and it just keeps getting better! Nice riding, KF!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-24-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
Greg, well the new board is a surf style. The 2012 Keenan Skim is sick. You will like it.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-25-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
wow, wow, wow.

We had planned to get some lessons in with Dean over Spring Break, but plans fell apart on our end at the last minute. Guess a road trip to LTS is going back to the top of the list!
Old     (jstieg)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-25-2012, 3:06 PM Reply   
dude keenan kills it.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-07-2012, 6:09 AM Reply   
We had a lot of fun interviewing the entire Flegel family. I had to post to vimeo, because youtube was giving me an issue with the length. I just couldn't cut it down any more. Too much fun.

Old     (Woody)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-07-2012, 7:50 AM Reply   
Robert, any idea when his new surf board is going to be available to the public?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-07-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
brian, i dont know if anyone can really say when it will be out because they havent even tried the second prototype. I'm sure it will take quite a few prototypes before they feel it is 100% ready. and then to actually mass produce them will take a while.

i cant wait to see it at the West Coast Wakesurf Open
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-07-2012, 11:47 AM Reply   
If you listen to the video, they said they were on the second prototype, still working on the fins and stuff, I would guess earliest 2013 begin of season.