Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ridemarktwain)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-17-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
I got the new Ronix catalog and really like how they explain the different riding styles of each board. It appears they have moved away from the traditonal description of 3-stage, blended, or continous rocker. They describe the board based on early-late rocker and instant-stored energy transfer. I find is easier to understand the design intentions of each board with this type of description.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-17-2012, 10:49 AM Reply   
Ronix has the best catalogues and promo materials in the industry because their graphic designers are amazing. As for their descriptions, I think they're a little gimmicky.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-17-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
I agree with the Hammer on this one. I like hearing direct from the riders instead of reading it, I buy in a lot more. They've got a pretty nice iPhone app with all of these videos.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-17-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
their catalog might be nice, but their designs for this year blow
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-17-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
I like what ronix is doing too. I like that they aren't owned by kent. and i enjoy all their videos online. I do think their explanations are a little too markety, in the sense that they say every board will give the best pop, every board has the right blend etc. I guess thats just the atmosphere of the selling floor though. I wish i could buy boards on riding experience, like demoing and stuff becasue i feel like you have to take everything with a grain of salt when learning information from someone who is trying to sell you something. But nobody demos boards in CT so i do the best i can with what i can.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       02-17-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo_Si View Post
I agree with the Hammer on this one. I like hearing direct from the riders instead of reading it, I buy in a lot more. They've got a pretty nice iPhone app with all of these videos.
What is the name of the app?
Old     (Greg2223)      Join Date: Dec 2011       02-17-2012, 2:48 PM Reply   
I agree, I just picked up my ronix phoenix project s and its really does what they market. "Feel the energy, feel the water, stored energy" at first i laughed but when i rode it, it is def a whole new feel, feels more like a snowboard. can actaully feel the water instead of plowing right through it. Im very happy with it
Old     (ridemarktwain)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-17-2012, 4:16 PM Reply   
I like the chart on page 16&17 that shows all thier boards. The closet place to demo a board for me is 1.5 hours away and I would have to hit the store up during a clinic. So I have to go off of written discriptions and product videos. I may be drinking the coolaid sinice I have not riden a Ronix board but thier marketing is top notch.
Old     (sledgehammer)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-18-2012, 8:18 PM Reply   
I took a chance on a 2012 Timebomb because I had a previous Danny Harf hyperlite Premier and thought I might like his new shape. It's a pretty incredible wakeboard and I'm glad I got it.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-19-2012, 2:38 PM Reply   
Im about to buy the 2011 atr one, ik they changed the shape this year but i was hoping to get a new board this summer and i dont want to wait for the new shape to be at a one year old price........is the new shape worth waiting for? have you ridden the 2011 shape vs the 2012 one? Thank you!
Old     (sledgehammer)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-19-2012, 4:19 PM Reply   
No, I only have a 2003 Premier to compare it to.
Old     (gotwake133)      Join Date: May 2010       02-20-2012, 5:55 AM Reply   
I have the 2011 ATR One board, and have ridden the new shape. The new shape is a more maneuverable, faster responding board that carries more speed through the wake but still has great pop. It has less of a 3 stage than the 2011. I still love the 2011 shape, but if you like a faster board the 2012 is the way to go.
Old     (JoLo_Si)      Join Date: Oct 2011       02-20-2012, 2:15 PM Reply   
I can't find the app in the store now either? I think I got it by scanning one of those things in an ad in Transworld or Alliance but it's just called Ronix on my phone.
Old     (BlitzedVLX)      Join Date: Feb 2011       02-21-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
Not only are they bringing new innovative gear to the sport but they also stand behind their product 100%. I was having problems with the liner in my 2010 One's and a quick email over to one of the reps and I had new liners on the way to more. I have been on the edge about switching over to Liquid but the customer support at Ronix has swayed me to remain using their stuff.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       02-21-2012, 8:33 PM Reply   
I have never ridden a Ronix I liked, but I have a lot of respect for them as a company. Super legit.