Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    SamIngram            07-25-2010, 3:05 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,
I have a 2006 CC SAN with a PCM Excalibur motor in it and Perfect Pass. I am having a strange throttle issue that I can not diagnose. Sometimes when I start to pull a rider and push the throttle forward the boat takes off for a second then the goes to neutral even though the throttle is engaged and and in forward. This happens intermittently. The engine does not die, but returns to idle and moving the throttle and forward/reverse lever now does nothing. The only way to "reset" the system is turn the key off, restart the motor, and try again. It rarely happens twice in a row, but probably happens two dozen times during a 8 hour wakeboarding session. Does anyone know what the problem is? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-25-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
Check the base mount of the TPS(Throttle Position Sensor) where the 3 screws hold down the base plate. Sounds like it could be broken. This was common on '06 and '07 TPS units. Yes, in some instances it is intermittent because of the way the mount is breaking. Look very closely, the break is hard to see at first glance.
Old    SamIngram            07-25-2010, 8:22 PM Reply   
Where is the TPS located, on the throttle or engine?
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2010, 3:39 AM Reply   
Engine, right on top, where the throttle cables are attached.
Old    SamIngram            07-26-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
I check the sensor and the bracket and they are both tight. I had someone cycle the throttle back and forth and it is rock solid!