Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (tigepigeon)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-20-2009, 7:57 AM Reply   
Andy at Western Ohio had some great looking boats at the Cincinnati show! The orange and gray RZ4 was a huge hit, and the sublime and black RZ2 was a eye catcher
Upload
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-20-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
ben i need a count down on when the new boat's going to be done hahaha. i'm pumped to get it on the water and get behind it for some boarding.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-20-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
so the show is pretty good?? ill be down there at somepoint this week.
Old     (ronixky)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-20-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
Show is pretty good. Mastercraft finally had a booth to look at. I hear it's 2 local riders that took it over. It needed it fo show and I wish them well. They're booth was like a construction site with a chain link fence around it. I thought it was cool looking. Malibu had a big section with about 10 boats. Nautique was a let down as usual. Centurion had 2 or 3 boats there too. I'll post pick later.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (c_boarder)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-21-2009, 6:36 AM Reply   
The guys at Cincy MC are great. They are going to rep MC really well in the Cincy area!!
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-21-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
any one going down from the columbus area?
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-21-2009, 2:17 PM Reply   
We to the cincy show this past Sunday. The Nautique dealer was not very positive and I seen on the way back their location is for lease and they are moving. I think malibu and supra/moomba had the most boats. The new axis was there in the no wake display, not a bad looking boat for the money imo. Also we will be at the Columbus show sometime next month.
Old     (e_puppy)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-21-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   
I went to the boat show and thought there was fewer boats than in years past. I think that the Mastercraft display was the most improved. Last year I think they were stuck in a corner and only had one boat. No Wake continues to dominate in the ski boat class as having the most floor space and boats. All in all if was worth the price of admission. Think some of the other ski boats need to step it up so we have to see less floor space dedicated to crap like bayliners and fishing boats ;)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-21-2009, 6:29 PM Reply   
Pete, we were there last weekend.
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-22-2009, 12:52 PM Reply   
Big show, was it worth the trip? i'm in surch of wet sounds and a couple of board racks for the new BU with the XS tower. plenty of extras there? know of any one headed to the show this weekend?i have the feaver and it's only january! lol
Old     (eljefepequeno)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-22-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
Hey Patrick-
You wouldn't happen to live in Columbus would you? In the Hilliard area? PM me if you do.

(Message edited by eljefepequeno on January 22, 2009)
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-22-2009, 1:10 PM Reply   
Peter, Audio Advantage in Centerville Ohio is a Wet Sounds dealer.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2009, 5:26 PM Reply   
Pete, you pulled the trigger on a BU? What model? Do you like the color combo?

The Wet Sounds system on the Wake Outlaws boats that I heard in Texas last year was amazing. If I were to buy boat audio hardware I think I look at Wet Sounds first. The stereo, JBL I think, on the Enzo at 77 Marine display at the Cincinnati Boat Show rocked too.

I didn't really look at the extras, nothing stood out that I recall. G-Rides had a fairly big booth but I recall mostly seeing riding gear. Know Wake had a really nice display, probably the best of show IMO.

I bought my extras on line. I guess that might be different for you, probably helps to hold and get the feel of the hardware before buying. OF course a good listen for the stereo is a must for anyone.

I know what you mean about spring fever. I was at the January Columbus boat show and I’ll probably go to the February Columbus too. I’m going to make some custom wakesurf boat hardware for the Mighty Enzo next Spring. Can’t wait to get the season started! We should have an April Ice Breaker at Lake Norris again this year. The tentative date is April 24th through the 26th.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
Here are some of my pictures. Hope that helps Pete decide if he wants to make the trip:-)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
More pictures for Pete

I like the White VTX a lot. The White and black Tige' in the last set looked very nice too.

The Axis boat wasn't positioned well for photography. I did crawl all over the Axis boat. I was surprised to see no open access under the bow covers. If you have bow ballast tanks a guess it doesn't matter.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2009, 6:06 PM Reply   
A few more...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-22-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
Best for last... The Mighty Centurions, a Falcon and an Enzo 230, at 77 Marine. With I would have taken more pictures...

The Enzo was loaded pretty good and the sound system rocked.

Upload
Upload
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-23-2009, 10:43 AM Reply   
yeah, pulled the trigger on the 09 VLX. it's due in to the dealer late Feb. black, red, and grey. still in need of some tower sound and a pair of board racks though. what's the deal on all the black pic's? lol
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-23-2009, 4:50 PM Reply   
Cool, sounds like a Buckeyes boat. So did you work with Rick K. at Know Wake?

Sorry about that, must have left the lens cap on. ;)
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-24-2009, 5:29 PM Reply   
no, i ordered it through peter brown of smooth water sports new york. it will be stationed back in Vermont. i didn't have the connections to tow it, fully utalize it, or store it here in ohio. it will be available any time your up that way.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-24-2009, 5:47 PM Reply   
Cool, back home with the family. You're always welcome to ride with my crew. Can't wait for April to come around.
Old     (patrick232)      Join Date: Aug 2008       01-25-2009, 7:37 AM Reply   
Show, do you go to Norris Lake a lot? Where do you stay? We own a condo down at lakeside, just past the jumping bridge that we rent. Not sure which weekend we will be there in April opening it for the season. We will be in the red and gray Moomba XLV.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-25-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
Friends have a cabin and host our crew. They are relatively near the jumping bridge. We refuel at the Spring Dock.

We've been going down to Lake Norris a in the spring and fall for about three years now. The Ice Breaker is a fun wakesurfing "Surf and Turf" get together. If you’re interested in wake surfing we should talk. I’d love to see what the XLV surf wake is like.

The fall event is also all about surfing. In fact every time I put in it's about surfing:-)
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-25-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
Show, can’t wait to hit the water again. My computer crashed and I lost your number. Give me a buzz some time and let' up! I’m game to give this surfing thing another run.
Old     (bobby_and_mikey_dad)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-04-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
You may want to check craigslist for great deals on used, repo and closeout boats. Alot of dealers etc... follow the shows with posting to try and get off a boat they can no longer afford or need to sell, may be great deals to find!!

Just a thought.