Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-12-2006, 11:05 AM Reply   
I want to add tower speakers this summer, but I don't want to get the wrong ones or add an Amp that can't handle them. I Need Help!

I'm looking for a two speaker set up that I can hear clearly behind the boat @ 80 feet. I use my boat exclusively in salt, so the system needs to be simple and durable.

What is the best speaker/amp set-up to go for? I know that there have been several new products that have came out, so I'm looking for up-to-date reviews and suggestions.

Thanks!
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-12-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
For only two spks to be clear at 80 ft the only thing that comes to mind is the wetsounds. I personally have not played with them yet, but some friends in the industry have had rave reviews about them. Recomondation for amp would be a Memphis Marine amp, as this will stand up to the corosion, and give you ample power to run them.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 11:23 AM Reply   
I run two Wetsounds Pro 80's with a rockford fosgate 450.4 bridged into two channels (225W RMS).

You're looking at around ~849 for speakers and I think my amp was ~ 300 bucks from best buy.

I think it sounds pretty hot. I know that sounds like a lot for stereo equipment, but in the "boating" stereo world, that's a pretty cheap setup.

There are hundreds of these posts on the board so just look them over and make the best choice for you and your budget. I know the search function sucks on wakeworld sometimes - so I figured i'd be nice and answer then refer you to the search! :-)
Old     (nautyboy)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-12-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
Yea, I tried a search already and it doesn't pull anything up. Is there something wrong with it right now?

Also, I know there are some new products out there, like the wetsounds. This is why I figured I would start a new tread.

Thanks for your feedback!
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-12-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
When searching on here, always put the quotes "" around it - that's the only way I can get that janky thing to work :-)

heh.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-12-2006, 2:11 PM Reply   
I agree with Clayton, I also have a pair of Pro80s powered by a Zapco 360.4 bridged into 2 channels(180rms @4ohms) I think Zapco underrates there stuff.These things are "LOUD AND CLEAR" at 80+ft back.Go to Wetsounds.com and check them out,the customer service is great.