Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-09-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
I got The chance to take a set on the 2011 newton and wow eee! The board is so nice! Before it i was riding the slingshot response and i thought it was the best board ever, but my thoughts have swayed! I dug the channels on the bottom, and the fast track is sweet. The new ballistic core is a just the tiniest bit stiffer, just enough where you can notice, but still have plenty of flex for hard landings. Over all the sickest board i have ridden. Props to slingshot for putting out such sick boards!
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-09-2010, 8:09 PM Reply   
The technology and innovation Slingshot put into their new 2011 is insane. These guys make all their boards in Oregon with their own bare hands. Its pretty wild how much these guys know and understand about building the best boards. Ive also rode the new ballistic line and the new rad boots and after riding slingshot for the past 2 years I love this years more then ever. So fun!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-09-2010, 11:17 PM Reply   
very kool.
i'm looking forward to just seeing the stuff with my own eyes (probably the AZ or UT boat show will be my opportunity). hard to imagine anything past that.
i'm especially interested in the new boots
Old     (flexnwake)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-10-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
Thanks for sharing the good word on the new 2011 Newton! The Slingshot crew and team has been putting tons of time and effort to bring some really HOT prodcuts to the market... Stoked you got a chance to get one becauase there gonna be hard to get with feedback like that.

Remember these aren't cookie cutter prodcution setups... They are hand built In Washington but you can see Oregon from the factory so lets just say there hand built near Oregon or made with Pacfic Northwest pride... AH!
Attached Images

Last edited by flexnwake; 12-10-2010 at 4:09 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-10-2010, 7:12 PM Reply   
I really hope my local shop gets the rest of the ballistic line so i can take a quick set on it! The construction on the new line is soo beefy, but keeps such a great weight and durability. And Jeremy, Century marine is the shop that has the newton. So if you or adrien are ever in the area give me a ring and i will see if i can snag it so you can take it out for a set! Im sure one of the new ballistic boards will be my future setup, Cause i certainly think they are the Bomb-est?thing ever!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-10-2010, 8:05 PM Reply   
we will certainly have to come down to your parts some time ahren, it was great riding with ya. probably the best set i had all year!

I just noticed there are some nice videos of the gear on the slingshot website and thought id share with everyone
http://www.slingshotsports.com/wake_videos
Old     (Dj2up10)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-12-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
Definitey glad you guys got this discussion going. I will be a slighshot convert next season for sure....

I've ridden the 142 '09 response (a few sets), and until the '11 product was announced I was assuming I'd be picking up the response. However, with the Choice, the Response, and now the Newton, I'm thinking it will be a tough decision due to the fact that i won't likely be able to demo (it seems dealers in the northern IL, southern WI area are limited or when I called from the dealer locator they didn't end up carrying the brand).

So, id love some help sorting out which deck to go with. I LOVE the ballistic concept, but will likely be riding the wake only. My worry if I go with the Newton is that it won't have enough flex, and won't neccesarily have the ride that I fell in love with....or it will be perfect coming from the old tech. There were times on the old response where I felt too much rebound/snap on classic progressive edge tricks where I ended up over rotating. So again, the Newton might perfect?

Would love to hear everyones take....thanks!
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-12-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
I rode the 09 Slingshot response for 1 year and loved it, I bought two one for riding wake and one for everything else, And coming from the response i was set it was the board i was going to ride for... ever. but after my local shop called me up and let me take the newton for a spin, i will certainly be upgrading. The newton had enough flex for those hard landings that i had, I rode with no ballast at all (broken fatsac pumps) regular 80 feet and had solid pop, even off a tiny little wake. here is the little set i took on it. Going with either board you wont be disappointed though.
Old     (bcail)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-13-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
I didn't even know that Cam rode. Heisman trophy winner and his own board..........WOW!
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-13-2010, 5:03 PM Reply   
what? haha
Old     (drew_reynolds)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-13-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
being an operator at mccormicks, I get to ride almost every day. I got the 2011 choice at the end of summer and it is holding up better than any slingy in the past. The extremely durable outer material is holding up perfectly and the all-wood core is super fun and flexy! Even on the trek at mccormicks, all I have are superficial scratches. for almost 100 bucks less, the choice is a great deal for a great board!
Old     (rapha)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-16-2010, 5:14 AM Reply   
off-topic:

is there a philippino wakeboard shop that sells the slingshot newton? would be great, if anybody knows more...
Old     (railrider)      Join Date: Apr 2011       12-06-2011, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapha View Post
off-topic:

is there a philippino wakeboard shop that sells the slingshot newton? would be great, if anybody knows more...

u mean filipino wakeboard shop? in the philippines? there is.... THE BOARD SHOP PINAS.. its run by the BOARD SHOP SINGAPORE...they got the full line up for the 2011-2012 slingshot products..

heres the link on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/groups/218199821580473/
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-07-2011, 10:35 AM Reply   
Holy where did you find this thread? Almost a year old, you must have been digging deep.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-08-2011, 8:11 AM Reply   
anyone take a set on the lyman yet?