Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-05-2009, 10:28 AM Reply   
http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/nba/Daily_Game_Highlights/16999546;_ylt=Atd8VAM7w6Kb6s1ctotxz2yLvLYF

gotta love Kobe.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-05-2009, 11:48 AM Reply   
Watched it last night, was an ugly look, but he nailed it. Clutch.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       12-05-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
f'ing clutch is right. Terrible look at the hoop and he nails it. My room mates are all Laker haters, it was so sweet to tell them "Just wait, Kobe is about to Bury it", Awesome game to watch
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-05-2009, 2:16 PM Reply   
I hate Kobe, but I must say he's clutch...
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-05-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
Clutch? Robert Horry was clutch. Kobe got lucky.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-05-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
True... big play Bob made a career off of draining last second 3's...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-05-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
Wow. Fish's shot was the beauty though.
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-05-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
Fish is clutch. Dude has made his share of huge shots over the years.

If I wasnt a Laker fan, Kobe would piss me off too. I thought there was no way they could win that game.
Old    murrayair            12-06-2009, 10:23 AM Reply   
By Eric (mjfan23) on Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 2:26 pm:

"Clutch? Robert Horry was clutch. Kobe got lucky."

Come on, man. Do you seriously hate Kobe so much that you can't at least admit that he has done this over and over again in his career? You can't have a conversation about the best clutch players in history without including Kobe. There was certainly some luck involved, but players who are that skilled create a lot of their own luck.

Phil Jackson himself said that he'd take Kobe over Michael for a last second shot. Skip down to the last paragraph if you don't want to read the whole thing:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/11256/kobe-bryant-making-the-best-of-bad-situations
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-06-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
Congrats Phil also said "Dennis Rodman was the most athletic player he has ever coached" you believe that? Maybe...

Never said Kobe wasn't clutch, but this wasn't a clutch shot. He threw up a prayer and it went it. That would be called luck.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-06-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
Sickest game of the year!! How many "prayers" does Kobe have to make for youi to admit its skill? Like Lebron these "prayers" at the end of games and halfs and qtrs jjust keep falling. To me the shot was xtra big since it was with another superstar on the floor.
Old     (chuckbutta)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-06-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
that shot was far from a prayer. just cause he was moving right to left doesnt make it a prayer. Stop hatin on kobe. may not like em but you gotta respect em. A prayer is a shot that you are falling away from or throwing it behind you, or over your head or something like that. he squared his body as he was moving and knocked down a big time shot that almost no one else has the balls to even try, and he yet again knocked it down. All you kobe haters are pathetic. If anyone one of the players you liked put that shot up you would call it skill. But the only thing is, no one else would even attempt that cause they dont have the skillz to hit it.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-07-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
I can see how it could be called a prayer, but if you were at the game you would have heard Kobe rise up, shout "BANK" and then watched it bank in. Not really....

Sick shot, Kobe is the man and will lead the Lakers to a second title this year! At which point mjfan will say all the other Lakers won it, Kobe had nothing to do with it. But we will all laugh as we celebrate our teams victory.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-07-2009, 1:11 PM Reply   
Greg
- actually I don't have to like him or respect him. He is a clown and should probably be in jail.
- pretty sure alot of players would have attempted that, there was no time left to do anything else.

Big Heavy
- Maybe, beat the nuggets.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       12-07-2009, 1:45 PM Reply   
"He is a clown and should probably be in jail. "

That's rich
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-07-2009, 2:10 PM Reply   
Steve - Hahaha! Great post and so true. These threads wouldn't be the same without Eric making an absolute idiot of himself. I love it!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-07-2009, 3:21 PM Reply   
He nailed a falling on the ground fall-away jumper at halftime to beat the buzzer too, but that was just more of that lucky clown crap.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-07-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
Look Kobe up on youtube! You could spend 2 days watching all his "prayers" hahahahaha
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-07-2009, 8:17 PM Reply   
Guys, really...Kobe is an amazing player who has made some phenomenal shots, but when you BANK in a 3, thats luck. Noone, including Kobe, makes an effort to bank a 3 in, he was so far off that he got lucky by it bouncing off of the backboard and in. Sure its great he got himself a look, but that shot was pure luck.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-07-2009, 8:28 PM Reply   
^ Exactly... well minus the "amazing player part". Ill go above average.
Old     (braap13)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-07-2009, 9:39 PM Reply   
Ah come on, I dislike Kobe as much as anyone, but thats ridiculous to say hes only "above average".
Old     (chuckbutta)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-07-2009, 9:59 PM Reply   
eric if you are saying he should be in jail cause of the so called rape a few years ago... come the f*** on.... really!! do you really think kobe has ever had to take the pu^^y from a girl? i mean come on.. everywhere that man goes he has women throwing themselves at him. and the so called accuser that tried to put into evidence dirty panties that she said she had on when kobe "raped her" but really had another man's dna on them. Just another dumb girl who thought she could call rape thinking she would get paid off. But forgot that once she put that circus into motion would bring her true skank a$$ into the light. And a few months after of her tring to fight it she dropped charges. No doubt he had sex with that women, but no way in hell he raped her. Hobe hasnt had to put in work to get laid since he has been about 16yrs old. Ever since he has been getting nba scouts all over his jock. He may be a douche for cheating on his wife. but saying he belongs in jail is just another form of someone hating on kobe. And for the record im born and raised in boston. huge c's fan. and i hate watching the lakers win stuff. But you kobe haters are sad sad sad bithces.

(Message edited by chuckbutta on December 07, 2009)
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-08-2009, 6:15 AM Reply   
Ability-wise, Kobe is probably the best all-round athlete to play the NBA game in his prime, but he has several factors working against him that keep him from being recognized as such.

1. The league has gone soft. It has turned from an athletic venue to an entertainment venue. Kobe will never get the full respect when compared to players who really competed fairly like Bird, Magic, Jordan, etc.

2. The league has a handful of players at his level. Players are not judged by raw ability as much as they are judged by their ability compared to the rest of the league. While Kobe's raw stats (strength, speed, vert) are better than Jordan's, the disparity between Jordan and his contemporaries is far greater than Kobe and his.

And for the record, the best player to ever play the game is Arvydas Sabonis.

People who take big shots are going to hit some. It certainly wasnt a skill shot. It says much more about a player that he was chosen to take the shot than if he hit it or not. Nobody remembers the hundreds he has taken at the buzzer and missed, they only remember the 10 or 12 that went in. Anyone who plays basketball for a living can get it close to the rim at any time from anywhere. Law of averages says some are going to go in.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-08-2009, 7:21 AM Reply   
"And for the record, the best player to ever play the game is Arvydas Sabonis. "

Haha
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-08-2009, 7:59 AM Reply   
Its not an uncommon pick.

Sabonis abused everyone he played. 7'3" and as fast as a 2, shot of a 2, and passing of a 1, all from the 5 spot. not to mention unstoppable in the post.

He was so dominant in the olympics that he was the catalyst behind creating the dream team.

He was drafted by Portland, and everyone feared what he would do to the NBA. Political reasons, and some speculate other NBA parties, blocked him from being able to play. He was allowed a couple of visits to practice with Portland, and everyone who he played with and against said he was an unstoppable force and an unfair advantage. Portland thought they were going to have a decade of dominance. He continued to play in Europe until he was too old and beat up to play, and retired. Upon his retirement, the USSR allowed him to take his old Portland contract. The washed up retired basketball player got to be an NBA rookie long past when most players are retired and he was still a dominant force. Wasnt half as good as he once was and still got rookie of the year and had a stellar NBA career.

Had he been allowed to play in the NBA in his prime, the disparity between him and the rest of the league would have been even greater than Jordan's.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-08-2009, 9:48 AM Reply   
Adam, you are totally right. The first thing Kobe said in the interview was, "haha, lucky shot". But I think Laker fans start to realize that Kobe creates his luck by being a damn fine ball player.
Old    murrayair            12-09-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   

quote:

Kobe is an amazing player who has made some phenomenal shots, but when you BANK in a 3, thats luck. Noone, including Kobe, makes an effort to bank a 3 in, he was so far off that he got lucky by it bouncing off of the backboard and in. Sure its great he got himself a look, but that shot was pure luck.

Yes, Kobe admited it was the luckiest shot of his career, but he also said that he purposely aimed for the backboard to give himself more room for error. Besides, like Big Heavy said, when you've got his kind of skill, you create your own luck. It's not just that he has the guts to take that shot. Do you really think that if every single player in the league were to take that same shot 100 times in a row, guys like Kobe and LeBron would have the same percentage of success as guys like Mo Williams or Rajon Rondo? Of course not.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-10-2009, 8:52 AM Reply   
Kobe RULES Eric is just jealous, it is quite obvious!!

Eric is as bad on Kobe threads as are Liberals on Palin threads.

No matter what you think about the shot, luck or not, Kobe knocked down the shot and the Lakers won the game, end of story.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-10-2009, 9:55 AM Reply   
Jealous? Outside of making a lot of money Kobe has nothing i want. A terrible individual, a terrible teammate, average ability, the worst shoes ive ever seen, the list goes on and on... yawn.

(Message edited by mjfan23 on December 10, 2009)
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-10-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
Now he's just average. A few posts ago he was above average.

This thread is cracking me up!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-10-2009, 10:05 AM Reply   
He's no Tim Tebow!!!
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-10-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
ahhh man... this is great lol
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-10-2009, 10:27 AM Reply   
Even better than Eric's consistently ridiculous and over-the-top statements is the fact that you guys keep discussing Kobe with him like you're going to win him over. I think you'd have better luck teaching a lib to like Palin! :-)
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-10-2009, 10:30 AM Reply   
Or a thinking conservative to like Palin!
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-17-2009, 11:11 AM Reply   
Another "lucky" shot last night by a terrible individual, a terrible teammate, average ability, the worst shoes ive ever seen Kobe Bryant Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Sports Center even had a highlight reel of all his career "lucky" shots this morning. Kinda suprised theyd spend so much time on an average player.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-17-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
No question that last nights shot was clean. Nothing "lucky" about it. Of course, he got a foul call on the previous possession that should have been a charge when he slammed into Bogut.
I dislike Kobe. A lot. But dude can definitely ball. And anyone who denies this is kidding themselves. Still, that call was garbage. One more of many that Kobe seems to get consistently. Should have been a turnover... instead got them 3 points and chance for Kobe to clutch the game winner.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-17-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
You could argue the call. I didn't think Bogut was planted, he seemed to be shuffling his feet a bit.. but I will admit I could have my Lakers goggles on.

Bottom line though - The Bucks had several changes to win that game and didn't come through.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-17-2009, 12:21 PM Reply   
ha! and i probably have my ANTI-Lakers goggles on! :-)
you're right, though... probably an arguable call... and the Bucks definitely blew it.

The most unfortunate thing for me is that the Lakers are so dang strong again this year, I'm afraid I'm going to be spending WAY too much time with this kinda nonsense. I thought maybe Kobe's broken finger would give me a bit of a rest... but he's getting more coverage, AND the shots he misses just set him up for more glory when he finally nails the game winner.
Life is just not fair these days when you hate the Lakers!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-17-2009, 12:48 PM Reply   
So lemme get this straight. Kobe blew the game winner in regulation, looked at his finger as to say damn I missed cause my finger hurts. weak.

Then gets the benefit of a terrible call. No way thats the right call, not even close. But hey dont you know that Im kobe?

Then makes a shot Jordan made 8 million times, to beat a terrible team. Yawn.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-17-2009, 1:13 PM Reply   
that was either a charge or a travel. the lakers got lucky the call went their way.
Old    murrayair            12-17-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
Yes! There's the "Kobe will never be Jordan comment"! Surprised it took this long. Btw, Kobe's made that shot 8 million times as well. It's not like this is anything new.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-19-2009, 1:35 PM Reply   
Of course Kobe got that call. It was terrible but Kobe gets any call he wants. The league has gone soft.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-19-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
No, you are just a Kobe hater, nothing more to it, if that was Jordan instead of Kobe that got that call, you would be saying it was a great call, get over it.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-19-2009, 6:44 PM Reply   
The fact of the matter is it was a terrible call. Watch the replay and tell me otherwise.

The league has gone soft.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-20-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
superstars were always getting calls. Jordan got calls in plenty of big moments that other players would not get. stop being a baby about it. I hate Kobe, but the guy steps it up in big moments.
Old    murrayair            12-20-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
Jordan made the most famous shot of his career off a bad non-call when he clearly pushed off of Bryon Russell to make the game winning shot in Game 6 of the 1998 finals. I find it hard to take seriously a Jordan fan complaining about Kobe getting all the calls.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-20-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
Train - nope, Jordan peaked during the playoffs. Kobe stays consistent.

The league has gone soft.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-20-2009, 6:34 PM Reply   
what do you call Jordans push off of Bryon Russell in game 6? that was the playoffs. was that peaking, or getting a non call?

I guess I should stop arguing with you about it, since like most waterskiiers who don't wakeboard, you can only see one side of things! why are you on a wakeboarding site again? get owned too much on the "baller" sites?
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-20-2009, 7:04 PM Reply   
Where did I ever say Jordan didn't get calls? If youd like to talk about that specific play. NO ref makes that call. Just doesn't happen, Russel slipped making it look a lot worse than it was.

Train lets talk about Kobe stepping it up. Look at the numbers, come playoff time its the same. Jordan peaked. But in fairness I guess you dont got to step up when your a role player being carried to championships, in the majority of rings.

The league has still gone soft.

(Message edited by mjfan23 on December 20, 2009)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-21-2009, 2:55 AM Reply   

quote:

By David Williams (wakeworld) on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 10:27 am:

Even better than Eric's consistently ridiculous and over-the-top statements is the fact that you guys keep discussing Kobe with him like you're going to win him over. I think you'd have better luck teaching a lib to like Palin!

Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       12-21-2009, 7:03 AM Reply   
You guys really argueing ref calls? Please do not treat the NBA like its an actual competition.

http://deadspin.com/5392067/excerpts-from-the-book-the-nba-doesnt-want-you-to-read
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-21-2009, 9:47 AM Reply   
Joe - look at the stats and tell me my statement is not true, fact of the matter it is Kobe got carried to rings.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-21-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
A role player being carried to championships?

I just spit my breakfast up hahahahahahah ignorance at its best
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-21-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UziUhf1ukw

"Kobe, tell me how my ass tastes"
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-21-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
Wow shaq raps about as good as he shoots free throws!!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-21-2009, 3:13 PM Reply   
has shaq ever left a team on good terms?
I used to think Kobe was the reason shaq left LA, but I am beginning to think shaq is a gigantic d-bag. and not because of that rap. that is an old video.

I still hate Kobe though. just wanted to make sure that is out there.
Old    murrayair            12-21-2009, 3:18 PM Reply   
It is a known fact that there is no better way to defend your argument than posting a link to a bad video of Shaq rapping. Because if Shaq raps it, it must be true. You should be a lawyer, Eric.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-22-2009, 10:57 AM Reply   
A bad video of Shaq rapping!? you sir have clearly had to much egg nog. Right behind Golden Child dunks, Shaqs rap takes home second best video on Youtube.

While I appreciate the kind words about my career choice, and while you are probably correct, I would own Law school, I think ill pass.

Train - Shaq left because of Kobe, thats pretty much a fact at this point. Kobe was tired of being a pawn and cried about it all year long. Kobe and Phil didnt like each other at the time... Kobe ruined a dynasty and yet laker fans still adore him, which amuses me.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-22-2009, 11:37 AM Reply   
Yeah thats why Shaq has started a new dy-nasty in Miami. Him and Wade should win a few championships before its all over.

Kobe has kept the Lakers at the top with out Shaq. Smart Laker fans saw the writing on the wall and wanted Kobe to stay over Shaq. I actually love Shaq. He is truly a great entertainer. Unfortunately hes lost it on the court.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-22-2009, 11:55 AM Reply   
Shaq is old and out of his prime. Everyone knows that. However during his prime he was the greatest player in the game (at the time). Kobe isnt the greatest player in the game currently.

Lakers coulda have won a few more rings with shaq, but Kobe had to go cry and be a little girl because he wasnt the star. Kobe ruined greatness, and yet Laker fans still love him. Its mind boggling.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-22-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
Everyone knew but the Clev.Cavs who thought Shaq was worth about $20M/yr, obviously cause he was so dominant as a Sun and his last year in Miami. Shaq was the first little girl to demand the trade, as big as kobe's ego is, Shaq's was bigger. He is still quite an entertainer but reality tv, youtube, and tweeting doesnt count in the nba.
Good take Coop.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-22-2009, 1:26 PM Reply   
Dont worry Eric.. I dont think Kobe will destroy MJs legend..
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-22-2009, 3:48 PM Reply   
So as a Laker fan I could have had Shaq with 1-2 more decent years or Kobe for 10 more (at least) incredible years? We may have won some championships then but I am much happier with Kobe running the show and picking up championships now. I said this when Shaq left, if we have to choose I'll take Kobe any day of the week. It's mind boggling to think that anyone would choose one year of greatness followed by a lot of mediocrity (Shaq) over a few building years capped by a championship and more to hope for the future (Kobe).
Old    murrayair            12-22-2009, 4:00 PM Reply   
Well said, Big Heavy. How many championships would the Lakers have won if Kobe had left and Shaq had stayed? Even with Kobe and Co. (including Malone and Payton) Shaq couldn't get it done again in LA.
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       12-22-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
"Kobe isnt the greatest player in the game currently."

Really???

Eric, either you dont read much or your clueless about basketball.

http://bestplayerontheplanet.com/nbas-top-10-players-2009/

http://dimemag.com/2009/12/it-is-official-kobe-bryant-is-the-best-player-in-the-nba/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/david_dupree/03/04/kobe.lebron/index.html

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/46066/nbas_top_50_players_all-star_panel_picks_kobe_bryant_no._1_over_lebron_jam es
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-22-2009, 7:30 PM Reply   
All im saying is why would you not keep Shaq and Kobe. The answer to that is because Kobe isnt a great teammate and didnt want to wait around for shaq to get old and grey. Shaq is perfectly fine being a role player, as he had said many times... This is lebrons team.

Jim - do you really think I care about reading worthless articles that are written based off peoples clown like opinions? Wrong, I do not know opinion, just fact. And the fact of the matter is if i where building a team around one player it wouldnt be Kobe.
Old    murrayair            12-22-2009, 8:41 PM Reply   
...which is still an expression of an opinion.
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       12-22-2009, 9:07 PM Reply   
"do you really think I care about reading worthless articles that are written based off peoples clown like opinions? Wrong, I do not know opinion, just fact. And the fact of the matter is if i where building a team around one player it wouldnt be Kobe."

Your statement sums it up....your clueless.

Your bias has become a priority over your intelligence.

There isnt an owner, coach or player in the NBA who wouldnt want Kobe on their team. THAT IS A FACT.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-22-2009, 9:13 PM Reply   
Jim - Phil Jackson was asked if he could choose dwight howard or Kobe to build a team around who would he choose... Look up his answer, its not who you think.

As for me there are NUMEROUS players that I would want on my team before before Kobe. Lebron, Melo, Wade, Dirk, Dwight. Just a few that come to mind.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-22-2009, 10:56 PM Reply   
"...which is still an expression of an opinion."

Pahahahah
Old     (jimmy_z)      Join Date: Jun 2009       12-22-2009, 11:09 PM Reply   
I see. You nit-pick what you read. You try to justify Kobe being a inferior player because PJ didnt mention Kobe????

Kobe is 31 years old and wouldnt have been in the same context of the question.

Ask the same question to Phil if he could have a Kobe that was 24 years old.

You would have a different answer.

Again....your bias is showing.

The Lakers did build a team around Kobe. And they have a few championships to show for it.

I am not a fan of Kobe or even Jordan for that matter. But you have to give credit where it is due. He is a great player. The best currently in the NBA.
Old    murrayair            12-23-2009, 1:25 AM Reply   
If you do further research, you'll find that hen Phil said that he would choose Howard over Kobe, he was saying that jokingly because he wanted to get his team fired up. He said it right afterwards.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-23-2009, 2:55 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-23-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
has anyone else noticed that this year in particular kobe is working from the top of the key and in the post more? He actually looks alot like Jordan on all those fallaways. not that i'm comparing the two...
Old    murrayair            12-23-2009, 12:04 PM Reply   
He did a lot of work with Hakeem Olajuwon in the off-season to improve his post game. Almost every NBA star moves their game closer to the hoop as they get older, and it looks like Kobe's no exception. He's killing it down there, too.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-23-2009, 12:07 PM Reply   
i wouldn't exactly call "2 hrs" a lot of work.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-23-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
"The best currently in the NBA."

Nope, Kobe isnt the best in the NBA right now. This is Lebrons League plain and simple. Id pick Lebron over Kobe any day of the week and so would any other sensible person. Kobe has NEVER been the best in the league and never will be.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-23-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
SportingNews Dec 2009

Kobe or LeBron? LeBron or Kobe? Trying to settle on the best player in the NBA -- Lakers guard Kobe Bryant or Cavaliers forward LeBron James -- is no easy choice.
But, according to Sporting News' panel of experts, Bryant is the clear-cut No. 1. Bryant tops SN’s list of the 50 greatest players in the NBA today, as selected by a panel of 107 Hall of Famers, major award winners, executives, current players and coaches and other basketball experts.

Bryant received almost twice as many first-place votes as James, 62 to 34.

Heat guard Dwyane Wade was third on the list and received 11 first-place votes. Magic center Dwight Howard was fourth, and Spurs power forward Tim Duncan fifth.

Rounding out the top 10: Hornets point guard Chris Paul, Celtics power forward Kevin Garnett, Mavericks power forward Dirk Nowitzki, Nuggets small forward Carmelo Anthony, and Celtics small forward Paul Pierce
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-23-2009, 3:00 PM Reply   
But of course, Eric is the true NBA expert and that panel has no idea what they're talking about.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       12-23-2009, 3:10 PM Reply   
Keep at it guys. I think Eric is just about to crack and admit Kobe is the greatest thing since toilet paper!