Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
i can get about 18 inches in my ollie. i want more though. suggestions?
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-22-2008, 7:58 AM Reply   
Practice I just get bored and ride along the river and ollie stuff trees logs whatever... On a good day I can ollie over stuff right around shoulder height
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
Good god, how tall are you? I've booted some ollies about a foot above n wake buoys, but those always seem to wind up being awkwardly off kilter. I don't fall, but I have to make a quick recovery from them... Shoulder height... wow.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
Since I can't edit the last post to have a picture.

Recommendation for a big ollie, go fast, cut hard, use technique, and pick those legs up as high as you can. Pretend you're going to grab the board. Somewhere along the line after this I lost my ollie technique and I can't ollie worth jack anymore. I'm also 6'5", just so you know, since that can help put this picture into proper perspective.

Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-22-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
The Ollie is the key to everything in wakeboarding. Whether its wake riding or rail riding an Big Ollie will make you better. The secret in wakeboarding to a "huge" ollie is the pre-pop, this is completely unique to wakeboarding. Basically you compress, push the board down into the water before you actually go to snap the board. Think of it as an Ollie Before the actual Ollie. Its really hard to eplain.

Here is some video of me doing what I am talking about. As you can see I actually ollie, then Ollie again to snap over sign. Hope this Helps some.

http://www.wakepics.com/video/20673/booya-ollie
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-22-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
Yah my feet r tucked like a mother like my butt touching the board but ive cleared stuff around shoulder height... Now granted this is what i heard from the boat and it's usaully not hard objects so I'm never really sure... I've been meaning to try to ollie on the backside of nessy like ive seen Errington do that would deffinatly prove i could ollie that high.

(Message edited by Mxflyer281 on October 22, 2008)
Old     (stoked_32)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
so does that mean when you're taking an 'ollie edge' w2w do u actually ollie at the top of the wake? I always thought that that just meant to go in flat and pop using your legs only. Therefore more pop due to more surface area on the water when u stand tall. is it the same as a re-entry?
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-22-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
naw man. thats my ollie behind the boat. i can get higher when im cutting. but i want to be able to ollie over the no wake bouyies.

i just want my ollie to be huge. thanks for the help though. and shoulder height? dude your a beast
Old     (sheehan)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-22-2008, 7:36 PM Reply   
Andy nailed it ... It's all about loading the board before that final snap for massive ollies. There is a really sweet videos of some pro's olling like 48~ inches. It might be on alliance wake ? Not sure about that. I'll try to find it.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
Yeah, it's on like, page 4 or 5 of alliance's videos. It's sick as hell. Watson ollied 51 inches...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       10-22-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
In the video I posted you can see how I pre-ollie to load the board and really snap.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-22-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
I always thought it was similar to skating and snowboarding too. The key in my mind was squatting down and pre-loading my lower half. Its a bit easier on the water cuz you can press the board down into the water. If you look at a skater, snowboarder, and wakeboarder just before the pop they will all be in the smae position...low. Snap that