Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                02-24-2003, 5:27 AM Reply   
hey guys
how r yas all
well i have just started wake boarding and i think it is really out there, and i think im doing alright i starter a couple of months ago and my tricks are getting there but im having alot of trouble with my tantrum i get heaps of air ill get up there but i cant seem to pull the rope back down so i land it( it really hurts :-) so can you give me some pointers thanx
ericaxxoxoxox
Old                06-15-2003, 10:13 PM Reply   
OMG, you been boarding for a couple months and your working on a frickin tantrum... i'v been boarding a year, and i'm just learning how to jump, well, actualy land, i can jump, but i dont understand the whole landing concept... am i behind? seems like i should be doing at least 180 grabs by now.

Dave
Old                07-01-2003, 1:44 PM Reply   
dave i dont think you r behind because ive been riding for 3 years about and all i can do is butter slides that ive only done 1 time on accident, swich and jump thats it! so i think im behind!! its seems your doing very good i cant even get 1 foot of air
Old                07-02-2003, 6:29 PM Reply   
Geez - maybe I'm an old woman - but I've been boarding for 3 years & I still suck. I've got a lot of the surface tricks down (180's, 360's) and I've got an air 180 down (from only one side tho) and am now just beginning to work on grabs. Get a bunch of the instructional videos. They help big-time. Or go for lessons - that totally helps! Good luck!
Old                07-02-2003, 8:03 PM Reply   
well, as it looks, you shouldent be worying about not being able to get the tantrum down after only 3 months. So maby you should work more on getting bigger air and nicer/smother grabs and 1's and 3's. Then mabey when your more comfortable you can try the tantrum again, and... well, i'd bet you'll beable to do it.
Old                08-14-2003, 7:28 AM Reply   
This is my first year also. I picked up the sport almost instantly because i have snowboarded and skateboarded all my life. Im attempting tantrums right now and untill i land one, my advice is to keep practicing. Any trick i have ever learned takes commitment.