Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jmcdanie)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-22-2012, 2:38 PM Reply   
Hello All!

I was hoping that some folks on this site could help me with a few questions.

Boat: 2010 MBSports TWB

I went by my dealer today to pick up my boat from some warranty work. When I get there, the cover has a dirty spot and is sagging behind the tower on the drivers side. When I take off the cover, I see two of my seats sitting under the sagging part of the cover upside down on top of each other. The water had leaked through the sagging area into the seats and boat. The seat on the bottom looked to be bending as well.

So, some of my questions:
- Once these type of covers get a sag, will they eventually form back to normal, or will this cause water to pool on the cover for the rest of the covers life?
- Since the seats were updside down, they both had TONS of water inside the seat (inside the vinyl)...gallons...Will drying these out and cleaning them up make them good as new? OR will there probably be some mold growing inside the seat now? There was mold on the outside of the seats and different areas of the boat.

The boat was dry and clean when dropped off, so this all occured after I dropped it off.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-22-2012, 2:45 PM Reply   
I am sure once you get your cover out in the sun it will regain its shape. Typically they should use the tent pole to post it up tight so that does not happen. As for the seat cushions just put them on their side and prop them up against something in the garage and the water will leak out and it will dry just fine.
I would not get too worried about either, but next time let your dealer know your expectations and I bet they take better care of it for you.
Old     (jmcdanie)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-22-2012, 2:51 PM Reply   
Thanks Diggs! I let the dealer know my expectation was for my boat to stay inside while there...they stated it would when I dropped it off...

Everyone else agree with Diggs? Or do others feel I may have an issue going forward?

Also, are there anythings I should test or verify when something like this happens? Electronics or something? I have owned a number of boats, but I am so anal that I do not let anything like this ever happen to them (they are always stored in a dry place and if they get wet, they are dried fully before I put it away).
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-22-2012, 2:56 PM Reply   
Aaahhh - getting the boat back from the dealer with issues....my fav part of boat ownership.