Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       03-19-2012, 10:53 AM Reply   
So i have an 07 x2 with the upgraded fat sacks that are plumbed in. You fill the hard tanks and when they are full you turn a lever and then the sacks fill up. I have herd that i need to get the new impellers because when i ride the sacks will empty down to atlest half full. What i do is turn the lever that come from the bottom of the boat and that keeps any water from exiting. Anyways my main question is.
When it comes time to empty i have no problem emptying the sacks but when i switch the lever to emptry the tanks it just sounds like the pumps are sucking air and then the timers turn off. I can keep on flipping the switch the empty the tanks but it just dosent do any good. So no matter what i always have the tanks full. Any one else have this problem? What is the solution to fix this?
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-19-2012, 11:10 AM Reply   
I used to ride behind an 08 x star with the fly high setup just with bigger bags. Sometimes they didn't want to empty and we would turn your switch to empty then bring the boat almost to plane for a few seconds then they would start to empty. As far as emptying while your riding idk.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-19-2012, 11:06 PM Reply   
Travis I am thinking it is the impellers. I am guessing the hard tanks are empty by the time you try to drain them.

You should turn the distribution flow valve to fill the tanks first then turn it again to fill the sacs. It sounds like the impellers are too weak and are letting the water drain back out. Either that or someone plumbed the system incorrectly.
Old     (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       03-20-2012, 5:25 AM Reply   
When i fill the system i fill the hard tanks till the spit out the side. (by the way in less than one minute the water is spitting out the side indicating the tanks are full already.) After the tanks fill i flip the flow valve and then the sacks start to fill.

When i empty the system i empty the sacks first and then empty the tanks. The pumps turn of causing they arent pumping any thing then. So yea you would assume the are empty, but if i flip the switch back from empty to fill it will almost immediatly start spitting water out the side indicating the tanks are full. Ive tried draing it on plane/with the boat out of the water/tanks first/ sacks first, just about anyway possible but i can no longer get the tanks to empty.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       03-22-2012, 11:06 AM Reply   
Switching to the MasterCraft Green Impellers will decrease your fill and drain times which might be the easiest fix to the problem. They are stiffer than the yellow impellers and will also hold the water back if you are experiencing a passive drain issue.

I think the pumps are turning off because they are running out of time. You have a 2007 with the 6 minute max factory timer modules. Most of our customers opt for the MasterCraft Jabsco 20 minute Timer Modules although some do rewire the system to eliminate the timers. You do get a fair amount of water in that short time period but it is draining slower than it is filling so the pumps are shutting them selves off. I might be wrong and you might have already changed out the timers.