Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-27-2010, 1:02 PM Reply   
So... I know that Cire gets much love around the forums here. And they do look dope to me... so much so that I'm ordering a couple pair this week to get hyped for spring.

But I've been editing some footage of last years Northwest Wake Fest and I'm really diggin' the look of some of the Ten-80 stuff some of the guys there were wearing. Anybody got an opinion on these? fit? quality?
Just curious.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-27-2010, 5:52 PM Reply   
You should totally buy WakeWorld boardshorts in either black or gray!! Made by Cire, but with all the good looks of the WakeWorld logos!!
Name:  2010Boardshorts.jpg
Views: 1128
Size:  20.5 KB
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-27-2010, 6:17 PM Reply   
No question, Dave! The gray are on my list. I'll prolly cop the black too... but first I've gotta order up some Godfathers or some Nintzels.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-28-2010, 4:19 PM Reply   
I have a couple pair of Ten-80 shorts and they are by far my favorite. I've had them a few years now and they still look brand new. What I really like is the fact that they button and have a zipper. Since I've gotten them, I cant stand the sorts with velcro and laces.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-29-2010, 4:21 AM Reply   
I had never owned any 1080's until last year. I bought some at a PWT event in Louisville. They are the most comfortable and best fitting shorts I have ever had. I'm with shane on the whole velcro thing.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-29-2010, 6:27 AM Reply   
I've been wearing TEN-80's for the past 4 years. They are my favorite. I really like the belt loops and the waterproof belt. My weight tends to flucuate and they help keep them on. A lot of people at pool parties etc, notice the belt and ask me where I got them.

I like the WW boardshorts too, and will probably get a pair. I mentioned adding belt loops as an option for the WW boardshorts in the WW boardshorts thread and everyone pretty much laughed at me, which I thought was unusual, because I know a lot of people buy 10-80 only because they're the only boardshorts that offer belt loops and belts.
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-29-2010, 6:37 AM Reply   
i cant justify spending 70 bucks on a pair of boardshorts. insanely overpriced
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       03-29-2010, 6:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowhole View Post
i cant justify spending 70 bucks on a pair of boardshorts. insanely overpriced
X2. I usually buy all my boardshorts at Wal-Mart. I have found some pretty nice ones over the years. At the end of the season you can get them for around $10. Hard to beat that.
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-29-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajholt7 View Post
X2. I usually buy all my boardshorts at Wal-Mart. I have found some pretty nice ones over the years. At the end of the season you can get them for around $10. Hard to beat that.
You must really like those water enamas then. I had some cheapos a long time ago and the water would go straight through them. I quickly went and bought some good shorts and never had that issue again.

Also, I never paid anything close to $70 for any shorts I own, $50 max.
Old     (richsur)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-29-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
I have 6 pairs of ten-80's and love them, if you find them on other websites other than ten-80 they are 50-60 dollars. If anyone knows if ten-80 is coming out with 2010 stuff let us know, their website still shows '09.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-29-2010, 6:45 AM Reply   
I've got 6/7 pairs of ten 80's. I really like them. They fit good and are long. I think I paid around 50/ pair, but I wear them on the weekends about 8 months out of the year, lol. It's been 3/4 years since I wore anything other than ten 80's.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-29-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
Awesome. Thanks for all the responses! Sounds like I'll need to take a chance and order up a pair.
Old     (austin_h)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-02-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
Yeah, ten-80s 2010 stuff, wow that sounds weird. ten80s ten stuff. Ten80s 2010 stuff looks super sick. check out the video on alliance called danny thollanders new rail, I'm wearing a pair of green 2010 shorts. I'd def recommend buying them. They're for sure more expensive than what you would pay for those shorts at walmart, but thats because they're an expensive short. The material is thick and its double stitched, I've got shorts from 4 years ago that I still wear. So, you might pay a little more but its worth it for the quality.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-02-2010, 11:12 AM Reply   
Do any of these shorts have the "liner" in them. Basically like a mini wet suit built in? I have some Jet Pilot shorts like that and love them for the "protection".

What do you guys do? Wear something under the shorts then take them off when your partying or ? I can't go with just board shorts and nothing else while boarding. The boyz take too much of a hit!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-02-2010, 11:48 AM Reply   
Two words...Under Armor.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-02-2010, 12:02 PM Reply   
Commando is the only way to go. The liner might provide a little protect but you get the worst swamp a$$ when your out of the water. I trade a little pain for no swamp a$$.