Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003

Old    whitechocolate            07-25-2003, 9:21 AM Reply   
"If it ant broke don't fix it" Who ever said that was a Jack Ass

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-25-2003, 10:09 AM Reply   
blang blang -- where is this going grant? under the observer seat, or somewhere more noticeable?
Old    whitechocolate            07-25-2003, 10:42 AM Reply   
Wes that Sub goes on the drivers side
The passenger side is already taken
Old    whitechocolate            07-25-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   

Old    whitechocolate            07-25-2003, 10:45 AM Reply   
This is the old box with 2" 10's
Old    jplorenz            07-25-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
Yikes! Nice set up, Grant.
What kind/brand/model of speakers did you replace the stock 6 inchers (I think they are 6") with?
I had an amp, sub, and some Boss tower speakers installed in my 2000 SAN(the old stock speakers are being powered by the new amp) and now I want to replace the speakers that came with the boat.
Thanks.
John L.
Old    whitechocolate            07-25-2003, 1:13 PM Reply   
The stock Hull Speaker's are all MB quarts
Im pretty sure they are 6-1/2 inc stock
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-25-2003, 2:57 PM Reply   
that is sweet... i like the AIR graphic on the sub =)

are those JL subs? how much is that tube enclosure? does it sound good?
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-25-2003, 3:01 PM Reply   
grant, nice work!
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-25-2003, 3:04 PM Reply   
Sweet looking setup!! How much time did it take to make??

By the way nice pics of Havasu!!
Old    whitechocolate            07-25-2003, 9:35 PM Reply   
The new sub is a ORION H2 -12inc
The old subs are. A 12' JL W-7 Passenger side and 2 w-6's (drivers side)The tube is 1.2 cubic feet The Tube sound's great. The old box with the 2 10's sounded good But. I liked the way the 12 sounded better that's why I changed out the 2' 10's under the drivers dash and went with 1" 12 Plus the power is going from 1000 watts at the drivers feet box to 2400 watts at the drivers feet box. If this new Orion H2 hit's better than the W7 I will be swapping that speaker out as well
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-25-2003, 11:33 PM Reply   
that is great. i would love to get a 12 in under the drivers seat - but not sure where the heater and circuit breakers would go -- where'd yours end up?
Old    xtigeman            07-25-2003, 11:40 PM Reply   
The W7 in SQ sub whereas the Orion is SPL. The Orion will hit harder but won't have the accuracy.
Old    whitechocolate            07-26-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Wes. The heater had to be re-located up under the dash, It's a "Ok job" not to hard. I had to have my heater's outputs and inputs relocated because the heater would exaust right on to of the box, and the tubes couldnt make the bend the same was true of the water imputs they had to be cut and re-welded a raidator shop can do this for you. The circut pannel can be also relocated It fit's behind the side pannel no wire's needed to be cut ect, That part is easy. I have heard that On the Super Air (wes) that the space under the dash (the foor) where you would like to do your sub box that there is a Fiberglass Hump! and that the hump need's to be cut/ground out before you can have a flat surface. I guess the hump in the floor is for the foot rest

Doug: So you think with the same amount of power going to each sub. In the correct encloser's the Orion or the SPL speaker with hit harder, but the JL will sound more accurate, I guess that sound right. Im used to the way the JL sounds and wont be happy if it sound's not as good.
That W-7 sound's so good. Its not a real Boomy Bass it's tight and clean. Mabey a combo of the SPL speaker (the Orion) and the JL it will sound good. I cant wate to do the side by side comparison.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-26-2003, 7:53 PM Reply   
hmm. what would be great is if I could relocate the heater hoses to the middle seat cooler box (i never use the thing). then the hoses could stretch to the back seat easily. although i also like the setup someone posted here a while back with two kicker 10s in a custom box that replaced that whole cooler assembly. maybe i'll look into that since I already have two kicker L7s and an xtant x1001...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       07-26-2003, 8:14 PM Reply   
never mind those were 8s
Old    xtigeman            07-26-2003, 8:38 PM Reply   
May just all blend together and sound just fine.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-26-2003, 9:53 PM Reply   
Grant, you are my Hero! I haven't done any upgrades to our stock stereo yet. I should just bring the boat to you and let you take care of it. I'm tired of trying to decide what to use. BTW, are you taking your boat to the nautique reunion next month? I'm sure you'll win best stereo category easily.
Old    whitechocolate            07-27-2003, 2:25 PM Reply   
Yo Tom: Thank's I am taking the boat to the Nautique reunion next month. I see they have a Loudest Stereo Contest "What a Joke"! Theres lots of Nice systems out there we just don't see them. I wouldn't be suprised to see some sick Nautique systems way better than my'n roll up with DVD systems ect. Ill enter my'n though.
Yes tom bring it on! and bring lot's of cash. We can build a system that makes my'n look like a walkman. That's somthing I wouldn't mind doing
Ill fire up the system on tuesday and hear what the new sub sounds like!

Old    whitechocolate            07-28-2003, 10:46 PM Reply   
After running both sub's "1" 12 inc W-7 amd a Orion 12 inc H2 side by side with equal power.

The winner is
Old    whitechocolate            07-28-2003, 10:59 PM Reply   
Yes The JL W-7 is just an Awesome sub! The H2 started bottoming out when thing's started getting fun I cant have that sort of thing!. The W-7 just keep's on Hammering and sound's so clean and accurate, The W-7 's is not as perticular to what type of music you rockin The W7 sound's great with everything, No need to keep trying to tweek the system to get it dialed. The H2 is very sensitive dosen't seem like it can take the Abuse. I thought the H2 would hit harder "Not So" I took the Orion H2 out of the box and loaded it back in the shipping box, It's going back to the store. Then we went down a bought a W-7 We will get it up and running later in the week. I have to re-make a new face for the box to house the W7 "bummer". At least I know now what the H2 is all about> Im done messing with sub's W7 or nothing
Old    whitechocolate            07-28-2003, 11:03 PM Reply   

Old    hlboatsnboards            07-28-2003, 11:04 PM Reply   
What are you powering that W7 with?

Oh and why not put the neons out of sight so all you can see is the glow?

B
Old    whitechocolate            07-28-2003, 11:16 PM Reply   
The W-7 is using a Orion XTR Pro 2400
1000 watts in 4 Ohms
1600 watts in 3 Ohms (thats what a w-7 is)
2400 watts in 1 Ohm
Old    tabiggs            07-29-2003, 4:56 AM Reply   
G-
Keep up the good Work....
Havent heard from you in awhile, Get that Ankle better and get your ass down to Austin!!

Aint it so true, never enough Bass
Old    xtigeman            07-29-2003, 7:04 AM Reply   
W7 is hard to beat. The other two I have used that I like just as much are the ID Max 12 and the Eclipse Titanium. Both are very accurate, but you cannot go wrong with a W7 if you haave romm for a big enough box.
Old    whitechocolate            07-29-2003, 7:24 AM Reply   
Tomm Wasssss Uppppp, Hey It look's like im going to be going with a W7 13. The mounting hole is 11 inc in my old box and the 13 uses a 11.9 inch hole it's eayser for me to go bigger than smaller
Old    hlboatsnboards            07-29-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
so why not hide the neons?
Old     (big_poppa_pump)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-29-2003, 1:09 PM Reply   
What do the "Blingometers" measure? Bass Hits?

Me likey.
Old    whitechocolate            07-29-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
Yes "BlingOmeter" More Bling Mo Betta
Old    whitechocolate            08-01-2003, 7:41 AM Reply   
Hey I finished the "NEW NEWer Sub Box last night. I Have re-done that box like 4 times now. With 3 diffrent sub combo's. I should have just gone with a second W7 from the get go. Live and Learn. The W7 moves in and out so much I couldn't mount the box in the place I had made it for The box needed to be moved back so that the speaker dosen't crash into the boat everytime. "woop's" So I have to make a new face or trim for the front of the box. Here are some pic's
Old    whitechocolate            08-01-2003, 7:45 AM Reply   
I dont Know why I cant post a photo??
Old    whitechocolate            08-01-2003, 7:46 AM Reply   

Old    amixman            08-01-2003, 7:53 AM Reply   
grant does the sub under your console have a enclosure or is it open?
Old    whitechocolate            08-01-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
Yes it's a Free Air I just Installed a Board And the W7 mounts to the front of it Like the stock
sub in Nautiques
Old    amixman            08-01-2003, 8:09 AM Reply   
was the id max 12 free air , how did it sound.
i am buying 4 to put under my console. i had 4 idq v2d2 but i blew them out after 4 hrs of hard running