Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (seandaviswake)      Join Date: Sep 2012       09-24-2012, 9:08 PM Reply   
Anyone else agree that was embarrassing for the NFL tonight
Old    sperbet            09-24-2012, 9:13 PM Reply   
Everybody will, other than the Seahawks fans that is. They'll brag like they actually won the game.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-24-2012, 9:24 PM Reply   
It would be nice to see the players union threaten walking out tomorrow morning. I only support that if it can get solved by Sunday.....crappy football is better than no football. It is easy to say that because my Cowboys won't be in the hunt.....again......
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-24-2012, 9:29 PM Reply   
It was the worst officiated game i've ever seen in my 53 years of living .Alot of the games this week were called awful all game.They need to get the regular refs.No one other than a Seattle fan could agree with that call. Then when a Seattle fan brags about that win, I will lose respect for them too.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-24-2012, 9:41 PM Reply   
I am a seattle fan and I would probably agree that the last call was pretty bad but there were soooooooo many terrible calls going against both teams that entire game. Just a terrible ref'd game. I will take the W though.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-24-2012, 9:54 PM Reply   
Almost as bad as the seatlle sb game...
Karma?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-25-2012, 7:04 AM Reply   
Here is my take on the whole thing.... I can only blame these guys so much and I honestly feel really badly for them. I'm sure if you ask each and everyone replacement ref at this point if they're fit for the job they'll say "No". Either way, they're doing a piss-poor job but I think it ultimately falls to the NFL to get new guys/girls in there or get the regular guys back.

If truck drivers all went on strike and I as called up to drive an 18-wheeler by the DOT because I had experience towing a boat.... I get on the road and smash the **** out of some stuff, am I to blame, certainly... I knew I wasn't qualified to do that job but did it anyway. Is the DOT to blame for putting me in that position, yup. Are the "real" truck drivers to blame for leaving in the first place, yeah, I think that argument can be made.

I also think given the nature of week 1-3 if the "real" refs are not back the NFLPA should motion for the rules to be slightly tweaked. I think plays where the refs do NOT feel comfortable making the call, let them use replay or get word from above. Obviously not looking for a hold on every play, but last night's TD should have been reviewed in a fashion that would have allowed for the TD to be reversed, not just a review to determine if it was a catch or not. The Refs made the right call on the review since all they could technically review was "CATCH or NO CATCH" not review the possession.... if the rules were tweaked to allow them to review catch/no catch, possession, possibly the PI that was crazy obvious, etc etc then we may have had a legit finish to that game.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-25-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
Think about this: Even as bad as they are, without the replacement refs there would be no NFL football being played right now.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-25-2012, 7:14 AM Reply   
don't forget that it's the NFL that locked the refs out while they negotiated the CBA. The refs didn't walk off.....
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-25-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
Another vote for the positive impact of Unions....
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-26-2012, 10:30 AM Reply   
ESPN is reporting that there is a deal on that table and that they should be back for this weekends games.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-26-2012, 11:09 AM Reply   
I was at the game and couldn't believe it, the whole game, horrible reffing in so many ways. 24 total fouls, but they still left so many on the field, they call PI constantly , but let blatant holds go constantly.

ME and the other Seattle fans aren't bragging about the win, we are pissed we missed a chance to straight up beat the Pack. We are bragging that we held the amazing Packers offense to 12 points (which they got some MAJOR help from refs on their ONLY td scoring drive), that we sacked Aaron Rodgers 8 times in the 1st half (although with that many sacks we needed to get a lot more points off of them).

We didn't make the call, the refs did, but what are we supposed to do try and give the win back??
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-26-2012, 12:43 PM Reply   
^It would be the honorable and right thing to do.

But then again, when has Pete Carroll ever done the honorable and right thing?
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-26-2012, 12:52 PM Reply   
Pete was jumping around like he had just won the lottery after that call. Hopefully we meet in the playoff so the hawks can be strung up like they should have been.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-26-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Pete was jumping around like he had just won the lottery after that call.
The one that bugged me was Golden Tate's interview.... "I don't know what you're talking about", in the most guilty sounding tone ever.

If he was to claim the catch, that is one thing.... but to not own up clearly pushing off made me mad. If he would have simply said something along the lines of "The ref didn't call anything" I would have been okay with it, because that was the truth... not just pretending America doesn't have eyes.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-26-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
You guys are ridiculous. We should of given back the win? Haha. Honarable thing? Double haha. Also, Pete's excitement is part of the reason good young players want to come to Seattle and play for him.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-26-2012, 2:04 PM Reply   
Let me tell ya this... I was at the game. Our seats are in the south endzone though, so I couldn't see the play at all. All I know is you had that entire place pinning it's hopes on that one play. And given our history and the odds, most if not all of us were ready to walk home in disgust. But then you saw the ball go up... and then the refs arms go up... and the entire place ERUPTED. It was easily the most exciting thing I've ever experienced as an NFL fan. Complete pandemonium.

Now, I realize a head coach and a season ticket holder aren't the same thing. And their reactions are usually miles apart. But Pete isn't a normal head coach. His exuberance and energy are a huge part of who he is and why his supporters like him.

Beating a strong team like Green Bay in a last ditch effort on MNF??? You're da*% right he was jumping around like he'd just won the lottery. We all were.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
The one that bugged me was Golden Tate's interview.... "I don't know what you're talking about", in the most guilty sounding tone ever.

If he was to claim the catch, that is one thing.... but to not own up clearly pushing off made me mad. If he would have simply said something along the lines of "The ref didn't call anything" I would have been okay with it, because that was the truth... not just pretending America doesn't have eyes.
This is the same guy who crawled on the ground in celebration of a blindsided helmet to helmet block on Sean Lee, which should have been flagged, and he should have been fined if not even suspended for a game.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-26-2012, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
This is the same guy who crawled on the ground in celebration of a blindsided helmet to helmet block on Sean Lee, which should have been flagged, and he should have been fined if not even suspended for a game.
I still don't think it was helmet to helmet. his shoulder did a bulk of the hit, it isn't like he led with his head and tried to hit the guy with the crown of his helmet. Also, the only reason his helmet hit Lee's was because of the whiplash created which made Lee's facemask(not his helmet) hit Tate's helmet. Lee was covering Tate right before Tate decided to stop and level the guy. Tate didnt' run from across the field out of nowhere. He was running right infront/side of Lee. It was a bull crap fine although I will take. Seattle is quickly becoming the defense that no one wants to play because they will knock you around, play right on the edge of the rules and leave you bruised and battered. Love it.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-26-2012, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post
Also, Pete's excitement is part of the reason good young players want to come to Seattle and play for him.
Yep has nothing to do with the fact that they were drafted by Seattle and there only other option is sitting out
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       09-26-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Seattle is quickly becoming the defense that no one wants to play because they will knock you around, play right on the edge of the rules and leave you bruised and battered. Love it.
Yep and when real refs come back Seattle will quickly become the team with 200 yards in penalties a game.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
I still don't think it was helmet to helmet. his shoulder did a bulk of the hit, it isn't like he led with his head and tried to hit the guy with the crown of his helmet. Also, the only reason his helmet hit Lee's was because of the whiplash created which made Lee's facemask(not his helmet) hit Tate's helmet. Lee was covering Tate right before Tate decided to stop and level the guy. Tate didnt' run from across the field out of nowhere. He was running right infront/side of Lee. It was a bull crap fine although I will take. Seattle is quickly becoming the defense that no one wants to play because they will knock you around, play right on the edge of the rules and leave you bruised and battered. Love it.
huh? you're right, he didn't run across the field, however he did lead with the crown of his helmet, and thrusts it upwards towards Lee's head. And the whiplash went away from Tate. He likely has a bulls-eye on him for the remainder of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpEzL...eature=related
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-26-2012, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
huh? you're right, he didn't run across the field, however he did lead with the crown of his helmet, and thrusts it upwards towards Lee's head. And the whiplash went away from Tate. He likely has a bulls-eye on him for the remainder of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpEzL...eature=related
His shoulder is what took the brunt of the contact and launched Lee off his feet. He wouldn't be able to do that with his head and it wasn't helmet to helmet at all. He also hit him right in the upper numbers. not the neck, not the head. If Jerry Jones hadn't of whined then there wouldn't of even been a fine.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-26-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
Crown of the helmet? Nope. Helmet to helmet? Nope. The "upward thrust" is maybe the only thing you can hold against him on that hit. Maybe. IMO that block was awesome. EXACTLY what he should have done in that spot.

And I'm saying that as a Seahawks fan... not a Tate fan. He hasn't shown me anything in Seattle... dude couldn't miss at ND, but now look at him. Gets a reception every once in a blue moon and then struts like he never misses. I'm as annoyed as anyone else. I think our receivers are by far the weakest part of our team.

All of that said, that hit on Lee was textbook football.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-26-2012, 3:26 PM Reply   
Oh, and thanks for reposting the video. It was fun to watch that again.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-26-2012, 3:38 PM Reply   
Maybe you're right. The celebration rubs me the wrong way, so maybe I'm looking for more than is there. Celebrations in general bother me, you'd think they'd cut back on them when there is a possible injured player, or the NFL would step in and take some action. ESPN had a high school game, and the QB over threw everyone, and the covering CB started jumping around, pointing to his back numbers (no name on it), for doing nothing, but being on national television.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-26-2012, 3:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe you're right. The celebration rubs me the wrong way, so maybe I'm looking for more than is there. Celebrations in general bother me, you'd think they'd cut back on them when there is a possible injured player, or the NFL would step in and take some action. ESPN had a high school game, and the QB over threw everyone, and the covering CB started jumping around, pointing to his back numbers (no name on it), for doing nothing, but being on national television.
I can agree with that. It is insane how many guys go crazy and celebrate one play and it is even pisses me off more when they are getting their butts kicked but still do it. That said, I am almost positive that 75% or more of NFL players that would of made that hit would of done the same thing. Especially if it is a WR or CB. Those gusy are the cockiest premadonnas on the field.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-26-2012, 3:48 PM Reply   
Agreed.

Hey, check this out! We're all getting along!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-28-2012, 3:37 AM Reply   
Everyone is glad the real refs are back!!!! Except for Seattle fans,now their defense will be mediocre at best.Good luck even winning half your remaining schedule.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-28-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Everyone is glad the real refs are back!!!! Except for Seattle fans,now their defense will be mediocre at best.Good luck even winning half your remaining schedule.
Look who is talking. The fan of the softest and most overrated team in the NFL every year. Nothing the real refs will bring will make our defense change. Hell, out defense would of been better had a real ref been there and not called that BS PI on Cam.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2012, 9:09 AM Reply   
When Pete was jumping up and down, he hadn't even seen the replay, The first down the packers got on their scoring drive was BS also. You cant tell me you can tell by replay that the ball needs to be 4inches closer to the goal line! That would have ended up a field goal which would have gave Seattle a chance to win with a field goal at the end of the game. I have never seen a team in history give a win back! You think if the situation was flopped the Packers wouldn't of been celebrating???C'MON MAN!!!! Besides the fact the Packers should have been able to whoop up on us, and not even be in a stiuation that would give us win at the end of the game. I agree the call was pretty weak! but seriously.....give a win back???? no one has ever done that! Dignity has nothing to do with it!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2012, 9:17 AM Reply   
(If he was to claim the catch, that is one thing.... but to not own up clearly pushing off made me mad. If he would have simply said something along the lines of "The ref didn't call anything" I would have been okay with it, because that was the truth... not just pretending America doesn't have eyes )

Theres PI on every hail mary pass play in the NFL, they dont ever call it! MD Jennings should have just batted the ball down, that is what they are trained to do! Dumb ass trying to get all the glory for a interception! Bet he knocks the ball down next time!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
Sorry, I'm a dummy when it comes to cut and paste! Top statement is a quote...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-28-2012, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
When Pete was jumping up and down, he hadn't even seen the replay, The first down the packers got on their scoring drive was BS also. You cant tell me you can tell by replay that the ball needs to be 4inches closer to the goal line! That would have ended up a field goal which would have gave Seattle a chance to win with a field goal at the end of the game. I have never seen a team in history give a win back! You think if the situation was flopped the Packers wouldn't of been celebrating???C'MON MAN!!!! Besides the fact the Packers should have been able to whoop up on us, and not even be in a stiuation that would give us win at the end of the game. I agree the call was pretty weak! but seriously.....give a win back???? no one has ever done that! Dignity has nothing to do with it!
If we give up this win to the packers does that mean the Steelers will give up the Super Bowl to us? I will take that trade if we are giving up wins these days. Hahahahaha.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-28-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
If you think Seattle's D is not legit then you haven't watched a single game. The fact is the D has given up an average of 13 points per game and 2 of those teams were pretty dynamic offenses, and the other has Larry Fitzgerald.... Best secondary in the league no question, name a better back 4? AND, Seattle's nickel DB just happens to be a former pro-bowler ... To say our D is mediocre is laughable.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-28-2012, 10:01 AM Reply   
Robert has a tough time seeing the actual TV from his blue Tige so he really can't see how dominating our D is.

Dose was jokes man, dose was jokes
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-28-2012, 11:50 AM Reply   
Batting the ball down is not really the best defense to a hail mary anymore. Wasnt it the lions or someone who won a game last year cuz the defense batted it down, right into the arms of the reciever?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-28-2012, 4:49 PM Reply   
^^^^your right, I guess theres always that chance.....
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-28-2012, 5:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Robert has a tough time seeing the actual TV from his blue Tige so he really can't see how dominating our D is.

Dose was jokes man, dose was jokes
Who has the best defense in the NFC stats wise right now? Look it up.Dallas Cowboys!
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-28-2012, 8:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
Who has the best defense in the NFC stats wise right now? Look it up.Dallas Cowboys!
27-7. Look it up.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-29-2012, 5:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
27-7. Look it up.
That's only one game. The season is young and the regular refs will change the dynamics of how effective the Seattle defense will be.Now they will have to play by NFL rules and not Seattle rules!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-30-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
The season has only gone a few days and the Seahawks have lost already with the new Referee's.Man how the Seahawks suck when they play by the rules.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-30-2012, 10:06 PM Reply   
What the hell are you talking about? The Hawks lost. That sucks, but I can deal with it.
But what did the "Real refs" have to do with it? Not a thing. We have no decent receivers.... and the Rams were kicking field goals from 58 and 60 yards. Plus we let them sucker us on a sneak play that never should have happened... And the last turnover was the result of a dude losing his footing.

We blew it. No big deal. Harp on reality all you want. There's plenty you can point at. But continuing to spew this junk just makes you look like a tool.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-01-2012, 3:20 AM Reply   
The 12th man has been silenced. I mean he may still be squawking but no one cares.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-01-2012, 6:33 PM Reply   
You may think it's funny that that we spend our energy rooting for the Seahawks... but I think it's a helluva lot funnier that you are working so hard rooting against them. Did the Seahawks violate your mother? Steal your candy? Why so much hate? Friggin hilarious.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-01-2012, 6:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
You may think it's funny that that we spend our energy rooting for the Seahawks... but I think it's a helluva lot funnier that you are working so hard rooting against them. Did the Seahawks violate your mother? Steal your candy? Why so much hate? Friggin hilarious.
He is just mad that the Seahawks donkey pucked his pu$$y cowgirls.