Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-06-2011, 6:41 PM Reply   
We recently picked up a set of Rev 10's and the G-3 brackets to put on our 2011 VLX. The new Rev 10's sound incredible. I really am impressed by how one set of properly powered speakers can sound so accurate and warm in the boat and crystal clear at 80 feet back.

On my previous boat we had 4 Pro 80's which at the time I thought sounded great. They did take a bit more tuning with an EQ to get them to my liking. The Rev 10's were perfect right out of the box with about 400 watts to each speaker.

They sound so good and are so loud - I am looking looking to get more out of my sub woofer and amp to keep up.

Here are some pictures of the new boat with the Rev 10's that were installed by Earmark. This is the link to the install.

http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/insta..._wetsounds.asp

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-07-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
Looks nice and clean! I'm really gonna need to hear these Rev's one day. So do you think you'll just stay with one pair?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-07-2011, 4:25 PM Reply   
Thanks Hate - I am happy with the one pair of Rev 10's and the power I have going to them. If i were to upgrade it would not be out of necessity but just for fun.

I really don't see us adding another pair.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-07-2011, 8:32 PM Reply   
im soo jealous of your new addition! i cant wait for my tax return! cuz im gonna get a set of rev 10s in my VLX!
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-08-2011, 7:29 AM Reply   
Thanks DC - you will really enjoy those Rev 10's. If you can swing it - try and get 300 to 400 watts to each. That is where the really hummm

A Syn 4 would work well
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-08-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
Yeah that's what I was planning to put in (syn4) along with their equalizer. How many batteries do you have in your Bu?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-08-2011, 7:46 AM Reply   
I have 3 Optimas for the stereo and 1 for the boat
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       11-08-2011, 7:47 AM Reply   
Murphy,

Boat looks great! System is nice and clean.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       11-08-2011, 7:55 AM Reply   
Dang! I have 2 batteries in none, guess i should add another battery while I'm at it
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-08-2011, 11:12 AM Reply   
Murph, I thought you were going to a GC setup for your batteries.

DC, the more batteries (amp hours) the better.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-08-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
Hate - those were the batteries out of the old boat and we just transferred them to the new boat.

I am having a hard time deciding which battery setup I want to go with over the winter - those 34m blue tops are the only batteries that will fit under those seats that I can stand up and wire real tight. We hammered the system pretty hard one day and I ran out of juice about 85% in to the day. Keep in my mind those batteries are now 5 seasons old.

My optimas give me 165 amp hours collectively on the stereo. Could go back with 3 or 4 new blue tops, pair of deka seak mate 31's, pair of srm-29's or the gold cart setup. Trying to get up to the 210 amp hour mark.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-08-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
Not sure what the price point is at most places but you could try Duracell(made by Deka) AGM34DTM. This should be the same size as the optimas and have the similar specs. 55 amp hours. They have a 2 year free replacement. Unfortunately there isn't much that will fit under those seats it sounds like without laying them on their sides and at that point you are only going to be looking at AGMs. Deka does make a Golf Cart AGM but the AH rating isn't as good as the regular golf carts. They also make a low profile 4d which you might be able to fit side by side in there. The problem is they have standard automtive posts so you would have to get some marine terminal adapters of some sort. They are also lead acid batteries with caps. They don't list an AH rating but the reserve capacity is 240. For comparison sake an agm group 31 from Deka has a RC of 210 and a 20AH rating of 105. As a guess I would think you would get around 120-130 AH rating in the low profile 4D.

Will 3 group 31 AGMs fit if you layed them on their sides?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-08-2011, 3:41 PM Reply   
Bill - Deka makes a 9a34m that is identical to the optimas with a longer warranty and about 65 dollars cheaper. I am going to take a look at some this weekend.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-08-2011, 3:44 PM Reply   
I figured they did but for some reason it isn't in my latest spec sheet from them.