Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    abadsvt            07-14-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
I just recieved my new/used 05 absolute platinum 141. I'm stoked!!!!!! It didn't come with center fins cause the owner prior didn't use them and couldn't find them yet. Anyways i have always used center fins and i believe that i would like them on this board also. What is a good size of fin for this board? Thanks Josh
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-14-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
Have you tried it yet? You may like it. Many people love the ride better without the fins.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-14-2006, 8:00 AM Reply   
way better without the center fin
Old    abadsvt            07-14-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
I haven't tried it yet. So i shouldn't put the center fin in. How does the board ride compared to the center fin installed.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-14-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
The Absolute Platniums come with two sets of center fins a .75 and a one inch. I would ride it first without the center fin, easyer to do surface tricks without center fins. It rides looser without the center fins, but put it on edge and you will lock in and charge the wake. With the center fin in it slows the board down and it is to grippy IMO.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-14-2006, 2:07 PM Reply   
I can sell you some .75 fins off my 05 plat. I broke the board, but I do reccomend riding it finless.

Thats why man havent even left the plastic wrapping they came in.
Old    abadsvt            07-14-2006, 2:44 PM Reply   
I'll give it a shot without the fins and if i must have them then i will pm you mike and see what you want for the fins. Thanks Guys