Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-16-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
Ok it is not final but here are the test install pics. I found it holds 200lbs but that is only because I cannot get it past the built in cooler.
Elbow fitting from Home Depot (79 cents)
Upload
Upload
This is the hose running under the stbd front cushionI cut it and it will be the fill end to the new sack.

This drain from the nose ballast to the center sack.

Upload
This is the fill center/drain hose.
Upload
looking from the bow inward
Upload
looking towards the front of the boat.
Upload
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-16-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
kenny is that 2 bags or one
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-16-2009, 5:17 PM Reply   
1, it is the Fly High Intergrated Bow Sack.
Upload
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-16-2009, 5:19 PM Reply   
The wife won't let me cut out the built in cooler we never use, atleast I don't, so that is what is stopping it completely filling.
Old    mendo247            06-16-2009, 6:36 PM Reply   
Have you tried to fill it yet?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-16-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
2x so far today and no problems. Fills and drains pretty good.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       06-16-2009, 7:26 PM Reply   
LIKE IT!
Old    mendo247            06-17-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
Nice addition. Does it seem to fill both sides evenly with it being all bunched up in the center?
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-17-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
It does fill both sides pretty evenly. It is bunched under the cooler but think of it like a half rolled shirt so there is still plenty of room for water travel.
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-17-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
Nice work Kenny
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2009, 10:58 PM Reply   
"The wife won't let me cut out the built in cooler"
Is that right? When my wife puts her oar in to things like that I just tell her how it is......I'm careful she doesn't hear me tho.....
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-17-2009, 11:12 PM Reply   
Darren I could get away with it, that is til the one day she happens to look under that cushion.. I am thinking about taking the front cushions apart so I can really get under there with out cutting it out.

Thanks Tate, good to here from you.
side note, I was just informed yesterday that I might not be going to the Stockton/Modesto area but now they want me back in Sacramento, so we'll see.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-17-2009, 11:16 PM Reply   
Kenny,
Looks good. Now that I know it will fit and work, have to add one to mine.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-17-2009, 11:28 PM Reply   
I didn't even spend $10 in hardware..
By the way I filled it with air before water to see if I installed correctly with no kinked spots stopping it from going one side to the other.

(Message edited by ghostrider 2 on June 17, 2009)
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       06-18-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
why not just put 200lbs of lead up there? Then you will still have storage? Just curious!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-18-2009, 9:28 AM Reply   
I was looking at that option but at $50 a bag for 50lbs plus shipping (cheapest I could find), I just can't justify spending that much when we are getting ready to PCS at the end of the summer (I got the Fat Sack used). Also I don't want to be hauling the extra weight around on the water or when towing. I already tried all the local tires shops and they can't get ride of their tires weight as it is a HAZMAT issue in this state (WA) or so they say, eithe way I tried 7 different shop and they all gave the same answer. A plus is we never store anything up front anyways.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-18-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
i have 100 lbs of lead and i am looking to do the same thing to my vlx. Its so much nicer to be able to flip a switch and drop the weight.

less lead for driving to riding spots and launching.
Old    mendo247            06-18-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
I have a bunch of lead bars in my bow but am thinking this would be an easier way to go. I'm starting to think twice about hauling lead all over the place.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       06-18-2009, 10:39 AM Reply   
You all make really good points. I haul about 140lbs of lead in the bow all the time and 50lbs in the back. All my other lead a haul in my truck and move it back and forth. With that said I would much rather have the flip of a switch system but the problem is the v215 has like zero storage. Thus lead makes sense. Now when I do a lake trip with family, I don't bring lead, but a day trip to the delta for riding I do. I bring 26 pop bags with me. I just have the girls put all the lead back into my truck at the end of the day so I don't trailer the weight. by the way Kenny, your boat is super pretty, is she single? Upload
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       06-18-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
i meant to say 1000lbs of lead. But ya Dave thats teh idea. I figure with that i can use the lead as well maybe just not as much.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-18-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
Dave, zero storage? We have so much we have never put anything under the front seats except the anchor and A-LOT of sand. Well not even the anchor now.

I don't want to trailer or haul the weight, I am trying to save on the cost of gas in the truck and boat so we can have more time on the water. We haul 20 miles to the lake and then another 20 back, so 40 miles in one trip. When we PCS back to Ca we plan on making camping/boating trips most weekends. Plus I don't want to deal with the issue of loading and unloading. Once she is out of the water we clean her completely then we want to load up and head home. If you add that up over a riding season I am sure its not enough in extra gas to break the bank, but probable enough for extra winter projects or riding time/gas.

Yep single but to young, hmmmm 215 and a 215...a 207?
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       06-18-2009, 11:05 AM Reply   
Understood. I think the v215 is light on storage b/c of the low free board. But that is ok. Kenny try loading you boat like the attached. ride at 23-24 at 75 feet. Let me know if you love it.
Upload
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-18-2009, 11:20 AM Reply   
Dave, I know the center is over 400lbs as I did the same load as with the front sacks. I measured out the water (gallon by gallon) in a 42 gallon tube I filled the sack until the walkway board started to rise. That center sack goes to within about 5 inches of the front cooler.

I will try that when we get back to Cali for sure. Now that I got 300lbs in the bow I am trying to figure the right amount for the rear.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-18-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
on a side note I do have a 600lbs sack I need to unload..
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-25-2009, 4:25 PM Reply   
Worked perfect tues out on the water, well almost. I noticed that the bow sack will continue to fill the center sack because the center sack cover actually does not lock down. You guys with sanger know about over filling the center sack and it popping up the center walk way board.

I can't ride yet because of my shoulder surgery but the wake was very abrupt at 22.0. sory no pics went to the lake at the last minute. will get them next time.
Old    sandvign            06-25-2009, 4:51 PM Reply   
I'd love to see some pictures of you guys' wakes. I'm just slowly searching for a boat and I've been really interested in the v215 lately. Never been out in a Sanger but have heard nothing but good things on the quality.
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-25-2009, 9:08 PM Reply   
I have been looking at using a small slam latch to hold the ski locker door closed.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-25-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
??
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-26-2009, 2:10 AM Reply   
This is a slam latch only photo I could find was of a white one. Would order in black to blend in with floor.
Upload
This one is a T-Handle flush latch just need to figure out which one will work better and how to keep bag from rubbing on the back of the latch and making a hole.
Upload
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-26-2009, 2:25 AM Reply   
The other thing I thought of is if you use an in-line sprinkler valve between the two bags. Valve would be between drain of bow bag and fill of ski locker bag. Then you would have the option of filling only the bow bag or both bags. Just hook the valve to a switch to manually open it. With the valve open fill both bags full then close valve and pump a little water from ski locker until floor drops. Might not be a bad idea, would allow you to dial in weight between bow and ski locker.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       06-26-2009, 8:08 AM Reply   
Thought about the sprinkler valve also, leaning that way just wanted everything auto.