Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (mgodsoe)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-10-2010, 2:03 PM Reply   
Greetings!

So I have a Centurion Enzo 24 that I purchased in 07 through Cope and Mc Cheaters in Woodinville.

I know the boat is manufatured by Fineline Industries out of Merced CA. Does anyone understand how Kal Kustom would have come into this whole transaction?

I am asking in that I had a lot of electrical problems with the boat when it was new. And as a part of the whole "get the customer happy" (after the first 6 outings resulted in being towed back to the boat launch), Kal Kustoms promised me in writing a full manufacture warranty extension for 3 additional years.

Then C&M goes under.

Now my boat has speedo and tach stop working, water pouring in around the shaft packing, ($1,800 worth) and Brunswick (warranty company) says none of it is covered.

Any thoughts or insight?

Mark
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-10-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
Until recently Kal Customs was the exclusive distributor for Centurion west of the Rockies. I believe it changed in 2009, could have been 2008.
Old     (mgodsoe)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-10-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
ah....Thank you.

Anyone have experience on what it should cost to replace the shaft packing gland in the Enzo 24? Mine is leaking very bad. it slowed when I followed the very nice instructions I found on this site earlier, but after a couple of outings, it is back to leaking badly. Needs replacing. Local dealer wants $1500 for it!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-10-2010, 4:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgodsoe View Post
ah....Thank you.

Anyone have experience on what it should cost to replace the shaft packing gland in the Enzo 24? Mine is leaking very bad. it slowed when I followed the very nice instructions I found on this site earlier, but after a couple of outings, it is back to leaking badly. Needs replacing. Local dealer wants $1500 for it!!
Isn't it just a wax rope in Centurion's?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-10-2010, 5:58 PM Reply   
post this on centurioncrew.com. There are a few guys on there that seem to be able to fix anything.
Old     (frodady20)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-10-2010, 10:15 PM Reply   
Welcome to the wonderful world of Centurion! But to help out mine did the same thing. Just get a grease gun, and start pumping away. Then spin the prop shaft and grease some more. It has whats called a "dripless packing" so it is serviceable. Try it by the water so you can test your progress. You may not get it the first time, but dont loose faith!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-11-2010, 4:47 AM Reply   
a new drippless packing AKA a PSS or the OJ system are available from discount inboard marine from $150-$200 depending on what system you chose then on top of that you are looking at a max of three hours labor $210-$240 depending on the shops labor rate so $500 or so to replace.Also KAL Custom and centurion parted ways in 08 Kal Custom Took their supreme line of boats and is now having them built by calabria since Kal Custom and centurion parted ways Centurion has relay steeped up their game the fit and finish on the new centurions is in line with Malibu now sorry about your troubles......H
Old     (mgodsoe)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-11-2010, 5:35 AM Reply   
Thank you all very much!