Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old    drewsky24            04-26-2005, 3:56 PM Reply   
Where can I demo the LF Sphynx's in Florida?
Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-27-2005, 1:29 AM Reply   
Can the idea!!!! Sphynx bindings look good and feel good on your feet. The problem is the rubber strip at the back of the boot. I had 'em for one day and they tore....broke my heart cause they are the neatest looking bindings out there.
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-27-2005, 2:36 AM Reply   
Karl, go to a good shop and they'll give you a new pair because it will be covered under warranty. that's too bad that happened. i've been riding mine for a month now with no problems.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-27-2005, 6:57 AM Reply   
yea Karl, thats pretty strange. are you talking about the overlay? I've had mine for almost a month and I love them.
Old    wickedwake            04-27-2005, 7:00 AM Reply   
The Sphnx bindings are very hign quality bindings, as if anything from LF. Dont worry, LF will take care of you. I have been riding the transit's for a month now and they are like no other. My buddy has used the Sphynx's for about 7 months now.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-27-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
My friend just ripped his Sphynx bindings this weekend after about 14 sessions. It ripped on the overlay through both layers all the way through. I am sure LF will replace them and it will be no problem, but it seems to be a similar problem that Hyperlite went through a few years back.
Old    drewsky24            04-27-2005, 2:46 PM Reply   
Should I get them or not?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-27-2005, 3:05 PM Reply   
They are sick. If they fit you, then get them. I've had the transits for 3 months now and no problems, yet.
Old     (balti)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-28-2005, 12:32 AM Reply   
Yeah Sphynx bindings are stunning!!! I love 'em. My problem is that I live 1000 miles from the closest dealer so every time there is problem with the binding I need to courier it back and forth which can delay my riding time severely.

If you are okay with the fact that you may be returning your bindings at least once every six months to be repaired or replaced and you are close enough to a dealer then by all means purchase 'em.
My local importer/agent for LF has stopped importing the sphynx bindings because of that reason.
I ride transits which I love , slightly less comfortable than the sphynx' but never the less an awesome boot. IMHO LF make the best bindings ,its a pity about the overlay on the sphynx. Maybe next year they will improve 'em!
Old    drewsky24            04-28-2005, 7:30 AM Reply   
The transits are a little expensive, so i will more than likely buy the Sphynx's.

Old     (suprarider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-28-2005, 2:57 PM Reply   
Are you guys talking about the 04's or the 05's ripping?