Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-29-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
I'm selling a boat for a friend who moved he and his family to Uganda for 3 years to help AIDS victims and their families. He has a 1999 SeaRay Sundeck 240. I have a buyer...crazy thing is I can't get the thing to start! Not only that, everything at the dash is dead, lights won't work, etc. The only thing that works is the bilge pump and trim which is hard wired to the battery. I'm looking everywhere for a bad fuse or breaker and nothing. I can't find a perko switch or anything like that either. Anybody have any ideas on what/where I should check? I'm thinking maybe it's a bad kill switch at the throttle where the lanyard ties in...but not sure. I'm at a loss and the buyer is supposed to be coming today to pick up the boat and deliver a check!!! Crap!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-29-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
Maybe under the dash is a fuse or circuit breaker.perko is usually very close to battery and motor.
Old     (joecs)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-29-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Ground on the cluster??
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-29-2010, 3:32 PM Reply   
Where would the cluster ground to? Not sure how to check for that...
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-29-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
This sounds dumb but lanyard?
Old     (joecs)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-30-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
I did a search and could not find the location. Could be a dead bolt with a nut under the dash? Or maybe by the battery? Good luck.
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-30-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
Turns out there's a fusable link coming off the positive lead after it leaves the starter...that's where the problem was and was fixed.
Old     (gregtay)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-30-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
2nd the Lanyard. Look for a little switch by the throttle (usually just below it) That or the main battery switch if you haven't already checked that.