Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-25-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if any other companies (Ronix, Hyperlite, etc) besides LF are making slider specific boards for 09? I've gone through 5 boards this season and I would really like to change that next year.
Old     (greers_ferry_boats)      Join Date: Dec 2007       08-25-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
The new Byerly Assault. It is built for wake,flex, and sliders. Supposed to be indestructable. And it looks sick!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-25-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
I feel ya JD. I bet you ride at KCW huh? I ride at TSR and have been through 5 boards this season as well. I normally ride the Shane, but the grind base is only in the 136. I heard it will be out in all sizes this year.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-25-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
LOCAL and the R5! RULE!
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-25-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
I heard a rumor that O'Brien was bringing their slider base back for 09 on some of their boards. I hope so, the P-Tex bottom makes them so much more durable on sliders!
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-25-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
benjamin I do ride at KCW....I broke at least one board while riding at TSR though haha. I'm looking forward to the witness grind....but if it splits around the edges like my PS3 grind did, it's hardly worth it. I've looked into the Local and the R5....but I've seen an R5 split in half at OWC, and I personally like a stiff board for loading the line at the cable.
Old     (wake_moose)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-25-2008, 12:47 PM Reply   
Check out the new JStar board that Keith Lidberg is riding. He is the slider king. Soon to be released here in the US.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-25-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
Went to the LF dealer meeting at TSR and the Witness Grind looks good. They said that Tom Fooshee was breaking a Witness board every week, but had been riding the same Witness Grind for over a month and it still looked good on the bottom.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-25-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
As long as the new witness grinds don't pull apart like the 08 grind boards did, I'll be happy with it. I'm also very interested in the new jstar board...it looks good, just not sure if they intended it to hold up on sliders or not.
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       08-25-2008, 6:28 PM Reply   
jd i think you should try to stop breaking the cable and the ropes before you worry about a new board. just my 2 cents...

just kidding dude.

get the iBex, it is supposed to be super strong for 09.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-25-2008, 6:30 PM Reply   
hilarious ty....i haven't broken a rope for over a week :-)

the ronix viva looks really cool....but like I said, unless a company says 'yeah this is going to hold up for a little bit on sliders,' i'm not sure i'm gonna buy it.
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-25-2008, 6:53 PM Reply   
i want to try a press board next year, as well as a company board. i here they are way stiffer than the slingshots boards. i've not been a fan of flex boards but have not tried a stiff one yet.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-25-2008, 9:18 PM Reply   
obrien's line have full warranties even after hitting rails, not sure if any of the other companies will step up to this next year or not

slingshot boards are "all terrain" boards so to speak.

co.wake seems to be a very similar to slingshot, so id say they are "all terrain" boards too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerm,

the Co. Wake "stiffer" flex boards have an addition of carbon sheeting that the "softer" flex boards do not have... or so this is what i understand from keeping up with the blogs on the Co. web site.
you might even want to try LF's new "HYBRID" next year too eh? another board that will help dip your finger tips into flex
Old    sdahockey21            08-25-2008, 9:30 PM Reply   
I really wish I could tell you guys but I don't think I can....
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-26-2008, 6:00 AM Reply   
Just saw on alliance wake about Robby Jacques and he and slingshot are supposed to be bring out a new board built just for the rail/parks!! They said they are bring it out in Sept. Kinda excited about it.
Old     (kcrider)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-26-2008, 7:46 AM Reply   
Just saw on alliance wake about Robby Jacques and he and slingshot are supposed to be bring out a new board built just for the rail/parks!! They said they are bring it out in Sept. Kinda excited about it.