Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Rando)      Join Date: May 2013       05-20-2013, 9:56 PM Reply   
I'm looking for some advice on what to get for a new wakeboard. I've been riding for a while but I didn't seriously get in to wakeboarding until last year when I got a new boat. My current board is an old Hyperlite that I've had since I can remember - it's at least 10 years old. I'm not really sure what I'd classify my skill level as, but I can land wake-wake backrolls and 180s. I'm 6'3" 170lbs and I ride strictly behind the boat. I'm looking to keep it under 600/700$ and would probably just prefer to buy new.

The idea of a board with a little more vertical pop and not something necessarily designed to shoot out in to the flats is a little more appealing to me. And then something with soft landings/forgiving/etc/all of the things people probably want in a wakeboard. The only recommendation I've gotten from someone at the boat show was Hyperlite Murray 142 + System bindings.

As a side note, are there any Minnesota (Twin Cities area) riders that know of a shop that allows you to demo a wakeboard?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks