Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-22-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=11563
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-22-2008, 3:50 PM Reply   
here is the pic from the site.
no one on planetnatuqiue seems to like it
Upload
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-22-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
wouldnt be bad if the window was normal and if they put a decent tower on there. maybe something like what they ALREADY have on their boats. looks small? trying to break into that 20 ft. v-drive market?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-22-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
i would guess its 21'6"

the window is okay with me, the tower is suspect
Old    K.B.C.            06-22-2008, 5:12 PM Reply   
yuck, that tower is fugly
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-22-2008, 5:20 PM Reply   
I like the lines of the hull, the jury is still out on the tower. Some things have to grow on me, this may or may not. I think I would have to see it up close.
Old     (wkbrdindmax)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-22-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
I'm an MC guy, but I'd rock it...
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-22-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
Im with Robert, I like it. I think it looks a little like a Malibu. The tower is kinds cool. I wonder what it looks like with a bimini.
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-22-2008, 6:05 PM Reply   
It reminds me of the "future x-star" that was in popular science a couple years ago.

The hull lines look awesome. The tower looks awful, and looks like a wake craft knock off. At least steal a titan 3 or another good looking tower.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-22-2008, 6:09 PM Reply   
So we got Tige and CC rockin the same tower shape. Except Tige's is bit more nicely executed IMO. I wonder if anyone else is gonna be going to this shape of tower.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-22-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
Damn that's an ugly tower, sweet looking boat though.
Old     (treycleaton)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-22-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
hull looks like Malibu, tower is pretty cool...
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-22-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
I like it, but it does look kind of Malibuish. That tower isn't so bad, I would probably change it if it was my boat though.
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-22-2008, 11:59 PM Reply   
are all the boats going with the malibu style tower for 09
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-23-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
I don't see any malibu in that tower. I think everything looks great but the tower is terrible. I suppose it could grow on me but I doubt it.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-23-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
I dont think that Tige and CC have the same tower shape... Tige has a better tower. I'd say Tige took a step forward this year.... and... well... CC took 2 steps back with that tower.... I hope it was a demo and not a production boat...
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-23-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
From what I read on the post on Planet Nautique, there are going to be 3 or 4 tower options. I would go with the Titan, but I would have to take a look at this one in person before completely writing it off.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-23-2008, 2:49 PM Reply   
Yes that Tower is just an option for 09, that picture is not a great shot of the tower.
Dual mount with a cable assist for easy folding.
They still offer the Titan and the FCT.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-23-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
It looks like a wakecraft boat with that tower!!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-23-2008, 3:35 PM Reply   
Thats what happens to the FCT tower if left in direct sunlight for too long!
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-23-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
i just threw up in my mouth. thats ugly as hell.
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-23-2008, 7:12 PM Reply   
Nautique didn't do so well with that tower.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-23-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
I think it looks cool. Love the windscreen too
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
It really looks like a practical joke, hope they didn't prepay for any of those to be built. I don't think those will be flying off the lot.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-23-2008, 7:47 PM Reply   
now thats a beautiful mal i who?
Old     (texasissippi)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-23-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
here are a few more... i dont really like it either but it may grow on me...

Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-23-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
Is that a 220 in those pics? Looks cool close up, but it doesn't seem to have the same windscreen. Either the new windscreen or the classic design seem to suit the boat though.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-23-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
I would like to see a profile shot with the bimini, I think it might be tolerable with the bimini.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-23-2008, 9:22 PM Reply   
Since when did CC put a colored stripe on the deck?
Old     (pa_nautique)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-23-2008, 10:28 PM Reply   
really like the new colored swim platform, and the color above the rub rail. tower looks horrible tho. Hopefully CC is paying attention to everyone here and on planetnautique response to that tower. GO BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       06-24-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
I had a chance to see this tower early and play with it - and talk to the designers about it. Since it looks like nobody from Correct Craft has posted up yet - I'll take a stab at the tower issue with my little 2 cents.

That tower, they know, isn't going to be for everyone. They know this about the FCT, they know it about the Titan, and now they know it with this. The various tower options are a good thing no matter how you cut it. That tower gives the boat a very unique look. It may not match the lines exactly as some may want, but few towers do these days.

Next - folding it down. I don't really understand the HUGE issue some people have with folding towers down, and how often they need to do it as I do it probably twice a year, but all companies are making their towers easier to fold. This is the easiest tower I've ever folded. One (very weak) person can do it with complete ease, and the nylon/steel(?) cable inside the tower provides some mechanical assistance. When I first saw it I was so suprised that before giving my opinion I asked them to drive the boat around the test lake so it could be seen from different angles and guess what? It looks very, very good on the 210. I'd opt for it myself on a 210 without hesitation. I still like the FCT on the 230 & 236. But that Roswell tower is also solid as any tower I've ever felt. It didn't budge when I shook it - and even the beefy FCT on the 230 moves a bit when you do this. People who own Malibus know how nice it is to have nothing in front of you (tower legs) and this tower offers that same clear view.

They absolutely knew that this would have a strong reaction initially, and some negative reactions as well. The Titan did (even from me) Malibu's Illusion did as well. I remember people saying "I won't be able to get into the boat they way I'm used to" and now look - Malibu's Illusion tower is so distinguished and accepted, and many people now opt for the Titan on their Correct Crafts.

I like what I see so far, a lot. I like the colored stripe on the deck and the colored platform, I like the new windshield, and in general I am still more interested in details around that 216v. What's it based on? Is it a replacement for something? Does it cannibalize or replace the 226. I believe it is a crossover series boat. I am really looking forward to the full scope of their plans for this year. These small bits of information coming out means they're close to talking about it (I think ).

(Message edited by juniorhawk on June 24, 2008)
Old     (eyedvride)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-24-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
I have to fold my tower down by myself every time I take the boat out. The illusion x is very easy to fold down and this design sounds bout the same.

I'm more curious about the wake, steep?, trough?, how easy does it wash out at 22ish mph? does it yaw like a nautique?

I actually like the look of the boat, tower would grow on me.
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-24-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
Wakeworlders- For those of you who don't know my name is Marc and I have been one of the people here at Roswell involved with the Nautique tower project since the beginning.

I have been checking in on this thread and the one over at Planet and felt it may be time to share some info on the C.C. tower project as well as post up some pictures we have to give this project a possibly different light. I value differing opinions and understand that everyone is going to have their own point of view. I am available to speak to anyones questions regarding the tower project on this thread or directly at marc@roswellwakeair.com.

Admittedly the pictures I am posting are not professionally done but I feel these showcase the tower from some different views and may give those who have not seen it in person a better idea of what the tower looks like.
Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-24-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
Included in this second post are some shots from the original prototype tower that we ran last season on a 220. Noticeable visual differences between this first tower and resulting towers are board racks, speakers and a number of other tweaks and changes...

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-24-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
I like it and will get one for my new 210. I wonder if CC will extend the Bimini for me, I would like it to forward over the bow and back over the back seat another foot or two. The more shade the better.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-24-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
I really like boat in the pic that marc posted, 5th from the top, the new 216v
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-24-2008, 2:20 PM Reply   
It looks better with the bimini in my opinion. I am glad that the Z5 style biminis are popping up on other boats. I don't like how close the tower mounts to the windshield, which is one of the things I don't like about the Wakecraft and Svfara towers. It looks better on the 216V because the windshield has that cutout that follows the angle of the tower. I think towers and windshields should follow similar lines to keep things clean.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-24-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
I kind of like it. As long as it does the job and does shake like other known towers!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-24-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
what a shame. why why why? keep digging the whole bigger. you think they will listen, no. lets go back to 07 210, should have left it alone. you patent the fct, one of the strongest cleanest looking towers out there and now your making a knock off illusion x.....why? uhhh, if it aint broke dont fix it!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       06-24-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
In my previous post where I described asking to see it from multiple angles, the angle shown below of the white & black 210 was what sold it for me. Although the one I saw was blue & white. Regardless I think the boat & tower combo shown below is fantastic looking.

Upload

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
Erik, whats your thoughts on running two models of almost identical size (210 & 216V) Surely they can design one hull to be good enough at boarding & skiing to not warrant two models? Are the performance of these boats different enough to warrant all the extra tooling & marketing?
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       06-24-2008, 5:14 PM Reply   
Darren this is precisely why I am so intrigued about the 216v. Initially I thought it was going to be a literal vdrive version of the previous 216. But it would appear that it is actually something new - and attaches the 216 brand. That's interesting and we need more information. But to your point I worry less about the "identical size" thing less with the 210 and the 216 and more about the 226. Long term I don't know where that 226 fits yet. They'll be telling us soon!

The neat thing about the 216 is that it could easily look fantastic with or without a tower. I like the crossover appeal. But I would like to see more photos of the thing.

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
The windscreen & rear end look awesome. It would be a shame if the wakeboard wake was not up to scratch
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-24-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
anyone else notice that the 216v has a walkthrough?? On PN the pictures are huge if click on them. You can see all sorts of details...
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-24-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
Looks like a cheesy 3D logo, like on the MB's is on the side of all the '09's
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-24-2008, 6:06 PM Reply   
Someone correct me if I am wrong. After market towers again that will probably not be warrantied by Correct Craft, just like w/ Malibu you need to go to Titan who who ever is making towers for them that week.

The bimini IS NOT made by Correct Craft. It is a Z5 aftermarket bimini top MSRP over $2000
Old    K.B.C.            06-24-2008, 8:10 PM Reply   
$2000?????
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2008, 8:58 PM Reply   
on the white and red it looks pretty good
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-25-2008, 12:41 AM Reply   
love roswell. but those racks look so out of place.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-25-2008, 6:03 AM Reply   
The Z5 isn't just a bimini, it is a cargo rack. If you haven't seen or used one in person, you should check one out. It is a bit pricey but the functionality is wonderful. We can get 3 wakeboards on top of it in addition to what is in the rack and it is great for surf boards or dare I say a tube (things that don't fit well in a rack).

It is somewhere in the high 1K range as an option on the Supra. It may MSRP over 2K but they can be had for under.
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-25-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
Back to the topic of this thread. It is interesting to see people's comments. We have those that say CC is ruining the boat and should stick with the FCT and then we have others that like it and really love what CC is doing in the new model lines.

This just goes to show that having options is nice. I have never been a fan of the CC boats since I thought the old SAN was just too small and the wake was too steep for my tastes. This year is the first time where the CC/Nautique brand is really catching my attention and would be in consideration (just bought a new Supra this year so it may be a couple years out).

I guess you can't please everyone and it is clear that these inboard mfr's are going after the appeal to the masses while still trying to produce tournament quality wake machines.

Personally, I think I like what they are doing and I agree that the tower looks WAY better when outfitted with the Z5 Cargo rack. Without it, something looks missing and awkward.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-25-2008, 6:20 AM Reply   
I agree with Dave, it looks much better with the Z5.

I'm not against the style, but maybe it just needs to grow on me a bit more...I'd really have to use it and see it in person before I gave an opinion I suppose.

This won't be the end of the 'new for 09' tower designs either....other companies are coming out with some crazy stuff too...stay tuned.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-25-2008, 6:29 AM Reply   
more 216v pics please!!!
Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-25-2008, 7:28 AM Reply   
Honestly, my first impression was, what the heck were they thinking, but after a couple of days to look at it, I actually love it now. I have the Titan on my 08' now but it is still sort of a pain to fold especially with the Wetsounds on it because of the weight. I like the Titan, don't get me wrong but every time I go out I have to fold and unfold the tower, so a tower with a spring assist and only one area to grab is a plus for me. I actually can't wait to see one with the new tower and play with it some. I may even trade my 08' for the 09' with this tower. I like the style with the Z cargo rack which is an option I wish I had now and I think this tower looks great on the 210.

As far as the 216v is concerned I like it a lot and think that it is perfectly suited for the crossover line. It is a great looking boat, especially with the colored deck and swim platform. I actually like the Titan tower better for the 216v rather than the new tower, but that's a personal opinion.

By the way...Everyone thought that Malibu had gone crazy with their tower, but look now, they have one of the most popular and recognizable towers on the market. So, it's hard to judge everything right now, still way too soon to tell, but I think with all of the tower options for this year from CC, I think they are headed in the right direction.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-25-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
the racks are starting to make sense to me now. i just noticed the speakers lower down on the tower.

with the bimini you need to have them there to allow them to swivel inward. that bimini is a must.... i have one on my 22ssv.

my 2 cents.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-25-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
Most things grow on me after a while, but I can't say that about anything CC has done in the past few years.

The tower looks functional, but it also looks like an Illusion that hit an overpass.

I do like the bobbed windshield in the first pic, that has some potential. Looks like they scrapped that idea, but kept the tower.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       06-26-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
Here is another shot of the 216V.Upload
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-26-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
That is a very good looking boat
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-26-2008, 2:22 PM Reply   
the new 210 with the new tower n Z5 all decked out is ssssiiiiicccckkkk!
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-26-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
That view of the 216V is pretty sweet, tower looks better and better, especially with the windshield and the graphics.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-26-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
OK, I like that angle too, and the bobbed windshield is back. Still looks like a bent Illusion.
Old     (wakebrdr38)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-26-2008, 7:17 PM Reply   
im really liking the graphics on the 216. simple yet different. the tower is growing on me, i think id need to see it in person
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2008, 7:23 PM Reply   
that tower is fugly, but I do like the cargo style bimini they have on it, it's like the one that Supra/Moomba uses
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-26-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
I'm waiting on the Bu owners to start getting their panties in a twist. It's started on the 09' Tige's... so it's only a matter of time b4 it spills over.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-27-2008, 6:35 AM Reply   
I THINK I'm a fan!
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       06-27-2008, 9:21 AM Reply   
The white and black 210 is soooo nice.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-27-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
panites in a twist about what?

I will say that tower is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life. Thank god for the FCT and the Titan III.
Old     (wkbrdindmax)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-29-2008, 12:39 AM Reply   
I really am digging on that 216. I'd take one in a heartbeat.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2008, 9:24 AM Reply   
I love the new windshield but the 216 looks more like a Four Winns/Sea Ray etc.
The tower is UGLY kinda reminds me of that toy at a doctors office lobby, that the kids slide the multi colored beads around the various bends and curves of the puzzle. The one that sorta looks like a minature roller coaster with beads.
I am glad to see CC stepping out of the ultra conservative mode and into the more creative side.
Old     (mikeporter2000)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-16-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
I heard from the CC dealer this boat was announced on Monday. Anyone have any additional info on the 216 v drive?