Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-19-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
this may be a stupid question, but I have an '02 SAN (not team) with just the rear tanks. The '02's don't have independent controls on the dash for filling the tanks, but they do have seperate cocks under the seats for opening and closing access to the tanks.

If we're looking to just load up one side for surfing, do I risk burning out the pumps if I only open one of the cocks to load up that side?

Also, if anybody has weighting of the SAN dialed in, I'd love to hear about it. I ride goofy, so I get the better wave, but my regular riders get more mush than I'd like. It somewhat cleaned up when we put 600lbs on that side riding around 10mph if I recall, but it still had room for improvement. With that setup (plus tanks full), my goofy foot wave going front-side was really nice.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-22-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Hey my buddy has the same boat as you but it is the team edition. He has to mess with the valves aswell to get just one side full when we surf. We have been doing it all year and haven't burned up an impeller in the pump yet. My guess would be no because the pump is still receiving water, it is just being blocked by the valve when you only open one tank.

I am a regular footed rider and when we surf the SAN I have noticed that if you put to much weight in the back that the wave will wash out. So for you I'd say just add some weight to the front and you should have a nice wave. I am not sure how much because usually it is people weight not fat sacs that are holding down this boat.
Old     (purgatory71)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-24-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
I have a 00 SAN and It took about 2000lbs to get it dialed in but it was well worth it. About a 3-4 for wake and riding Goofy. You will need all the weight on the Starboard side from rear to the bow. Remove any weight from the locker. I had about 300 in the right side bow, and from the drivers seat to the rear another 1700lbs. It will take time. I had help from another rider dialing it in.