Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeskating

Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-28-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
I'm 5'10 140 lbs. I've been riding a hyperlite scape 107 and i hate it. It has no pop, i don't like the grip, i hate the fins. I wan'e something with a lot of pop and good grip. I have been directed towards integrity and they look pretty good. Any other suggestions?
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-28-2007, 4:34 PM Reply   
no board is going to give you more pop. but a board that you are more comfortable on will allow you to perform better.
you can always regrip the board and take off the fins.

i would look into the new impulses that are soming out soon. i really like the shape; it is wide, asymetrical, and has tons of surface area. but there are a ton of companies so you have a lot to choose from.
RIDE IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT!
try out some of your friends boards. dont just buy a board because someone tells you its awesome. i may love a certain board but other might hate it. its all personal preference.

have fun wakeskating.
Old     (kampus96)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-28-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
kinda disagree on the no pop thing. i guarantee u can pop higher on a impulse or integrity than a scape.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-28-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
I actually think a whole lot of it is technique, but technology like concave and kicktails is there to help make things a little bit easier. More leverage=more engergy going into that ollie, or whatever it is you're trying to do. more energy=more pop. Concave also gives you some better control points, which will help out with balance as well.

I'll be honest though, I've ridden a flat deck by choice for quite some time and I certainly don't need to use it as an excuse. The point is that if you learn proper technique on a basic, almost archaic shape, you'll kill it on something that's modern and vastly improved. So while a new board may help, there isn't a magic bean out there and nothing will replace hard work and just straight up learning how to ride a board.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-28-2007, 9:59 PM Reply   
grantwant to fight about it? meet me at new york pizza.

i miss you

but yeah, concave gives you way more leverage which makes things easier, but the board its self isnt going to make you ollie higher its technique.
Old     (rileyg)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-29-2007, 8:56 AM Reply   
I can ollie and shuv it on my wakeskate but i just notice that integrity skates have more concave which seems like it would make things easier.
Old     (shibby07)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-31-2007, 6:00 PM Reply   
the concave on the integrity makes things way eaiser for like fs, bs, switch big spins, an kickflips