Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    cplndaaron9            07-11-2004, 12:01 PM Reply   
i have a few questions that i cant find on the forum. like when u practice on the trampoline do u tie a rope to the tree and practice? Do u practice with the board on with the fins off? and how is the best way to start to get the feel of things on the trampoline
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-11-2004, 2:43 PM Reply   
i've tied the rope to a tree or a fence post or part of the house. I've taken a snowboard on the tramp to practise stuff but that killed the tramp. now i just use the tramp for air awareness, and to get my body use to fliping/spinning for whatever trick i'm working on. other than that the tramp isn't going to make you land a trick because alot of the time the way you initiate a trick on the tramp and on the wakeboard are different. i'm not saying it doesn't help though, either way i enjoy jumping for fun.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-11-2004, 3:20 PM Reply   
I find jumping hard for like 30 min is a nice work out, I get used to flipping and spinning, also the handle passes. We have it tied to our roof. Sometimes Ill bring my old smaller wakeboard on and do 360's but no flips. Or you can get an old skateboard deck, thats a lot of fun. The one thing that will help on the trampoline is learning how to stop, just abosrb the bounce and you stop. Also setting up for a trick try and bouce in the same spot, it makes it easier to control the trick. But over all just have fun.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-12-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
i was having trouble on a trampoline and spinning. i would pass the handle, but i would pull myself off balance. i felt like it was because there wasnt any opposite pull against me. anyone else have that problem?
Old    wakechick            07-12-2004, 8:21 AM Reply   
Matt, I know what you mean about getting off balance when you spin on a trampoline. My husband and I recently got a nylon clothesline rope at Home Depot and it works great! It is very stretchy so when you are jumping there is actually resistance, which resembles the pull of the rope behind the boat. It really helps to get the feel of passing the handle when the rope is tight (like it is behind the boat).

A 50' section of this rope at Home Depot cost around $10 or less.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-13-2004, 12:18 PM Reply   
i will have to look into that. sounds like a good idea. a friend actually told me yesterday to use a bungee cord. that might work too.
Old     (the_love_muscle)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-13-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
I set up a pully system with adjustable weight, so you can adjust how much pull is on the rope. It is really helping my spins.
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-13-2004, 7:15 PM Reply   
On our trampoline we actully lifted the front up like 3 inches at the most, so that way when we jump we jump back a lil giving the feel of pull, do not do that if there you are no connected to another solid object via handle and rope.