Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    airjunky123            09-24-2003, 10:57 AM Reply   
Seems my usual crew is not as pumped about riding as the temps cool off and I still want to hit Alan Henry a couple of more times. Any takers? I can bring my boat or I'll contribute cash for gas. I'm in Sweetwater.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-25-2003, 12:58 AM Reply   
Hey, Im in Lubbock going to Tech. It would be awesome to go to Henry sometime. I sent you a PM but in case you didn't see it email me at txtek321@cox.net

Clint
Old    bandit33            09-26-2003, 7:55 AM Reply   
Do you guys in Lubbock still go to Buffalo Springs Lake? When I lived out there years ago (actually decades ago), I went to that lake all the time. Spent the better part of my youth out there. Probably pretty crowded now. Not familiar with Alan Henry lake; where is that in relation to Sweetwater. I now live in the Dallas area.
Old    airjunky123            09-26-2003, 11:29 AM Reply   
Buffalo is a madhouse. I went there once, it was nice early and then every yahoo with a jet ski left their brains at home and came out. Alan Henry is Lubbock's new water source. They dammed a section of the Double Mountain Fork of the Brazos about halfway between Snyder and Post. It's a very large lake impounded in a very deep canyon. Water depth near the dam is nearly 100ft. But if you go up the river, there are miles of water protected by cliffs, calm even on those 35 mph windy days. Just about anywhere on the lake, if you're 20' from shore, you're in over 20' of water. It's also very clear as you get away from the river section. Check out www.lakealanhenry.com
They've got some good photos.
Old     (kip)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-26-2003, 12:23 PM Reply   
I am in the Fort Worth area. Sounds like Alan Henry would be a great road trip sometime. Maybe I can get out that way next spring or summer. Do you guys recommend it?
Old    bandit33            09-26-2003, 2:39 PM Reply   
Lake Alan Henry does sound good. I also may have to plan a road trip out there sometime. I was afraid that Buffalo had become a zoo....just too small a lake with too many people wanting to get on the water....