Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (BeBallinCollin)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-01-2013, 3:48 PM Reply   
Iv got to decide between these 2 boats really soon so any help would be great. I am a intermediate wakeboarder and I'v got about 8k to invest into a wakeboard boat. The Malibu is going to be cheaper, but Ill have to throw on a tower. The supra is 2 years newer and has a fiberglass floor i believe, it just has 50 more hours. Both have 450-500 hours. Im looking at which one will give me the best wake with/without fat sacks. The supra guy said hed come down to 8k. The malibu guy said hes very flexible on price. Here is a link to both.
Malibu- http://texoma.craigslist.org/boa/3878514600.html
Supra- http://abilene.craigslist.org/boa/3854960245.html

Any input would be great guys. looking to get one this week. Im leaning more towards the supra just because it looks like it has a bigger body than the malibu and i wouldnt have to do anything to it. Thanks alot!
Here they are:

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-01-2013, 4:00 PM Reply   
If you are looking for wake...supra hands down. No comparison. Look at the depth of the boats. F3 is a super low, no freeboard having slalom boat. The supra looks like the early sunsport hull which became the launch and is a legendary wake hull.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       07-01-2013, 4:17 PM Reply   
I'd take that Supra all day over the Malibu. The 'Bu isn't going to throw near the wake that Supra will, with or without sacks, just look at the hull depth between the two. That 'Bu is more for slalom skiing, and for their age that 50 hours isn't really that big of a difference. Both of them are fairly low hours for 20 year old boats. If you want one that will be great for wakeboarding primarily, get the Supra. It's got the room to add extra sacks, comes with a ton of extra gear, and a tower. You'll get another $1000 minimum tied up into a tower for the Malibu if you install it yourself, more if you don't, plus the extra cost of adding to the stereo. If it were my money, I would already be headed home with the boat in tow...but that's just me.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-01-2013, 5:50 PM Reply   
I would probably choose the Supra as well.

I could be wrong but that appears to be a wood floor/stringer supra. I believe they started to switch in 1992 or 1993 but the fiberglass stringer boats had a rounded windshield
Old     (jeepdude)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-01-2013, 6:04 PM Reply   
they are both wood stringer boats, so it comes down to wake and versatility.
The Supra wins both hands down.