Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-20-2005, 5:35 PM Reply   
Does anyone ride with Jet Pilot rideshorts? Comfort, warmth, worth the money?
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-20-2005, 5:39 PM Reply   
You talkin bout the ones with neo liners? Cause yes, I own a pair of crown jewel wakeshorts and LOVE them. They have a 1 or 2 mil neo liner in them and they keep me warm all the time as well as keeps the goods in position on backside falls. The girlfriend bought them for me, but I would pay the $70 for them.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-20-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
I have a pair and I think they're worth the money if for nothing other than the neoprene lining inside. They keep the wrinkle brothers nicely protected from the awful slap when bailing and landing in the seated position. Haven't taken a stinger yet since I bought them.
Old     (erik_c)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-20-2005, 5:56 PM Reply   
Yeah but if your hanging out not in the water on a hot day your nuts get deep fried.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-20-2005, 10:37 PM Reply   
I really want a pair of these shorts, cause the water around here is usually a little chilly. not like cold, but just a little chilly. Birthday idea definately.
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-21-2005, 8:28 AM Reply   
If I were to get a rideshort and wakeboard wetsuit top for 68 F water would I be alright. Where I wakeboard, we don't get that warm of water but when it does get a little warmer, I would like to get out of the full-body wetsuit.
Old     (melvinator)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-21-2005, 9:40 AM Reply   
68 degree water is plenty warm for a thick rash guard and shorts. I trunk it here in Michigan until the water hits about 63, I will wear a shorty if the weather is cool.

p.s. Ski limited has the Jet Pilot Crown Jewel shorts for $39.99!

p.p.s. I bought fake under-armor shorts for $10 at wal-mart and they work great, no swass and the boys don't get overheated
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-21-2005, 12:31 PM Reply   
Matthew: Do you mean "under-armour" wal-mart type shorts underneath regular boardshorts?
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-21-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
I also have a JetPilot 2mm flight jacket. I wear it all summer no matter how warm the water gets cause nothin like getting bruises all over your arms from bailing. This helps minimize that.