Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-23-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
Anyone tow with a '99 or newer Toyota Landcruiser? It is rated to pull 6500# but just curious if anyone out there has done it and if you were pleased with the results.
Old     (22parksm)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-23-2003, 1:23 PM Reply   
I had An old Toyota land Cruiser ( the big one ) And one time I pulled 9900 Lbs with
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-23-2003, 3:35 PM Reply   
I happen to have the Toyota Trailering guide among the documentation for my Toyota boat. They have numerous pictures of boats being towed by Landcruisers. If you have an automatic, you should be fine. If you have a stick, you might want to check your owners manual for the rating, they are usually less.
Old    trigx5            02-23-2003, 5:37 PM Reply   
I work for toyota and have a 2001 landcruiser. It can definately handle the weight, just be careful of the lenth. I haven't had tow my boat yet but my buddie tows a 22ft epic with his with no probs. Make sure you keep the overdrive off. By the way, it's the best truck made!
Old    trigx5            02-23-2003, 5:55 PM Reply   
Also, that engine is rates for 7200lbs in the Tundra truck. The only difference is the drivetrain and Toyota builds the best tranny in the business.
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       02-23-2003, 6:52 PM Reply   
Joel- What FJ # is the 2001? We just picked one up last week with 12,000 miles on it. I have always had a love for the FJ40, but haven't needed a huge project to undertake. The TLC is really smooth. I've had a 4Runner, Camrey, Sienna, and now the TLC and have been pleased with each.
Old    trigx5            02-23-2003, 7:33 PM Reply   
Bruce,
I'm not sure what the fj# is, I just know the model #. You might be interested to know that Toyota is coming with a Retro Landcruiser built off of the old Fj40 body style. It looks like a cross between a H2 Hummer and a FJ40. Go to Toyots's website and there should be a picture there under future vehicles.
Old    trigx5            02-23-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
Bruce,
Oh yea, they made the FJ40 series from 1960 to 1984. There is still a _COPY_ in production. It is manufactured in Brazil and is called a Bandeirante.
Old    jpoppa            02-24-2003, 1:28 PM Reply   
I tow my 23ft X-30 with a Lexus LX-470 which is basically the same as a LandCruiser with a Lexus badge on it. Truck has a lot of power and has great disc brakes to stop the load. You shouldn't have a problem towing any ski or wakeboard boat.