Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    falcon_v            02-15-2012, 8:01 PM Reply   
Looking to purchase an MB boat from Texas Mastercraft just want to no what every one thinks, or any dealings people have had with them so far . So far they have been awesome to me just want to make sure to check with others before stepping in the ring.
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-15-2012, 8:09 PM Reply   
there sales might be awesome, but there service bl@ws. i called for 2 weeks trying to get some simple parts for my x80, and never could get them to call me back. ended up using a place in Charlotte NC. that place by fare is the most amazing mastercraft dealership ive ever delt with. but thats another story. good luck with your mb i hope everything works out. ive heard there great boats!!! robby
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-15-2012, 8:30 PM Reply   
Lon?
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-15-2012, 8:35 PM Reply   
lol no im not lon, if thats what your asking. just another tool with a x80 lol
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-15-2012, 8:53 PM Reply   
Hahaha Elliot great reply
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-15-2012, 8:53 PM Reply   
This thread needs more spray tan and fist pumping
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-15-2012, 9:06 PM Reply   
Robby, I just had to say it. Great reply by the way.
Old     (Elliottsx80)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-15-2012, 9:06 PM Reply   
ill be the first to admitt. the x80 is a b*tch to wakeboard behind,unless you like boarding at close to 30mph. not to bad to surf behind but you have to turn into it a little to clean it up. thats with 0 ballast. i have no idea what it does with some weight. but i plan on finding out. i think if i add 1000lbs or more of ballast in the front of the boat i can get a clean wake at speeds around 20-23 but its still going to be a country mile from wake to wake. i wish there was a few more people on here that had one so i didnt have to do so much trial and erra. but if i cant get it to work i still got my trusty 247 for a backup. i will say they, theres not another boat in the same league as the x80 if you want a all around party boat/pretend wakeboard boat/pretend surf boat!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-15-2012, 10:36 PM Reply   
the guys at texas mastercraft are super awesome they always have been nice to me and i have never had ay problems
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-16-2012, 6:31 AM Reply   
Pull the trigger, great people at TXMC/MB and they'll love to upgrade your boat in the future too
Not sure about the service dept, if they would stop repairing all the other boat manufacture that is brought to them because they're more competent than other service dept. turn around time would be better for MC/MB
Just one other note, is there another MB dealer in the area?
Old    falcon_v            02-16-2012, 7:00 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone. I live in Oklahoma and that is the closet MB dealer. I am going to test drive on Saturday. In Oklahoma its almost better in my opion to go to Texas because they have every different dealer , and it gives me an accuse to drive 3 hours to go and have fun.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-16-2012, 2:10 PM Reply   
I think you should buy your buddy who's going to be nice enough to try the surf wave in frigid feburary a large steak dinner for his skilled insight and review.
Also, get the tomcat so I have a place to nap and stretch out in the bow.
Old    falcon_v            02-16-2012, 2:14 PM Reply   
I say yes to the steak and the and MB. Also its nice to have a friend who is willing to turn into a ice-cube.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       02-16-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowwboy View Post
I think you should buy your buddy who's going to be nice enough to try the surf wave in frigid feburary a large steak dinner for his skilled insight and review.
Also, get the tomcat so I have a place to nap and stretch out in the bow.
The Tomcat bow really isn't big enough to stretch out and nap. I know it would seem that way being a pickle fork but MB focuses on making the main cabin as big as possible. So the F21 bow is wide but short. I am6ft and couldn't stretch out in either direction.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-16-2012, 4:21 PM Reply   
Daniel is 3'11" tall should be ok just a little cramped
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            02-16-2012, 4:30 PM Reply   
Not to get off topic...but it amazes me that I have yet to see any wakeboard boats outside of the big 3 & a few Tiges here in my area of FL and all these lakes in 9 yrs. never seen an MB, Axis, moomba, supra etc. Not even used ones.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-16-2012, 4:47 PM Reply   
Seen just about every make and model here in VA. Maybe only 1 Sanger,but can't recall seeing a Epic at the lake,but i've seen them at boat shows here.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-16-2012, 5:15 PM Reply   
there is an MB dealer in Pantego/Arlington on 303

the Texas Mastercraft guys are great guys
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       02-16-2012, 5:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Not to get off topic...but it amazes me that I have yet to see any wakeboard boats outside of the big 3 & a few Tiges here in my area of FL and all these lakes in 9 yrs. never seen an MB, Axis, moomba, supra etc. Not even used ones.
I had 2 MB's at the Orlando show in Jan. 2 at the Jacksonville show in late Jan. and should have them in Tampa in March,
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            02-16-2012, 6:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by surffresh View Post
I had 2 MB's at the Orlando show in Jan. 2 at the Jacksonville show in late Jan. and should have them in Tampa in March,
Thanks for the heads up...Im in tampa so maybe I'll check out the boat show. Every lake Im on its either a CC or MC on the lift with an occasional Malibu. Salt water bay areas of course I only see MC.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-16-2012, 8:17 PM Reply   
guys at TXMC are great. Never used the service dept. though. Mike, Brian, Craig, and all the guys are great to deal with. Nothing but good things to say about the guys up there.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-17-2012, 4:52 PM Reply   
I bought my MasterCraft from TexasMC and I had a great buying experience...my X15 was previously enjoyed and TXMC was awesome. They went above and beyond to help safey ship it to Georgia.
Old    falcon_v            02-17-2012, 8:08 PM Reply   
I love hearing all this great feed back. Thanks