Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (wakebums)      Join Date: May 2006       03-19-2008, 8:05 AM Reply   
We have a 2003 Malibu Wakesetter with the motor box in the middel.. Last year we ran two 500lbs sacks next to the motor box. Well those sacks are history now due to many, many leaks.. So I found that theres some new type of sacks that are square and can hold 750lbs.. Can this boat use those sacks with the extra 500lbs between the two sacks? I do know we would have to add a sack in the front too to make things even and to be able to plane out.. So plz let me know..
Thanks...
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-19-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Hell ya you can do that. That is a similar setup to what I run in a DD. I use 300 on each side of the motor and 400 in lead under the back seat, then add another 250 and a 500 to the back behind the motor box. Also have a locker sack that is about 350 in the ski locker and another 250 in the bow. That seems to do the trick, The wake is steep to say the least but that is the way the older Nautiques are. The nose dipping is never a problem, if you pay attention and I would never run it with that much weight in big chop.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-19-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
When I had a DD I use to use a fat couch. I would face it toward the back of the boat that way peeps could watch. Just be sure to put at least 30% of the weight you have in the back, in the front. The fat couch is up to 1000lbs. I would only fill it to 800-900 then put 300-400 in the front. It worked out great plus it gives you a little more room.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-20-2008, 8:31 PM Reply   
In my DD I had a 580 skylon fatboy on each side of the motor, a 750 in the back between the back seat and engine when we had more people and they would sit facing the rear with their backs on the sac, but we took the rear seat out completely and pushed it as far back as we could. also had another fatboy (580 lbs) in the bow. malibu wedge was always down too (supposed to be equivalent to like 1000 lbs). to make minor adjustments we would pull the ones on the sides of the motor box closer to the front or closer to the rear depending on how you liked it. I have yet to see a bigger wake out of a malibu response lx haha. it rode pretty darn low too. I never took one over the bow, but my brother did when I was ridin. it sucks to see your boat get engulfed over the bow by a wake when your waitin in the water for them to come get you! but as long as you pay attention its no problem. how much weight you have up front plays such a HUGE difference in the shape and size of the wake. so don't leave that out at all!
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-20-2008, 8:33 PM Reply   
In my DD I had a 580 skylon fatboy on each side of the motor, a 750 in the back between the back seat and engine when we had more people and they would sit facing the rear with their backs on the sac, but we took the rear seat out completely and pushed it as far back as we could. also had another fatboy (580 lbs) in the bow. malibu wedge was always down too (supposed to be equivalent to like 1000 lbs). to make minor adjustments we would pull the ones on the sides of the motor box closer to the front or closer to the rear depending on how you liked it. I have yet to see a bigger wake out of a malibu response lx haha. it rode pretty darn low too. I never took one over the bow, but my brother did when I was ridin. it sucks to see your boat get engulfed over the bow by a wake when your waitin in the water for them to come get you! but as long as you pay attention its no problem. how much weight you have up front plays such a HUGE difference in the shape and size of the wake. so don't leave that out at all!