Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-08-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
a friend of mine just bought a new truck today (new to him) but the past owner was a heavy smoker and it smells like cigarrettes in it terribly. anybody have a good tips on how to get the smell out with out breaking the bank?

he's been driving it with the windows down and air fresheners but theyre not workin so well
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-08-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
Cram dogshat in the air vents.
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-08-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
you will need to rent a ozone generator. put it in the vehicle turn the truck on with the ac system on and let it sit for a hour or so and should be gone.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       12-08-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
What worked better for me were "car bombs" , I bought them from a professional detailer supply house. It works like a bug bomb, you set the can in your car and let it spray. 2 hours later your car will smell normal.I did it twice, worked great. Only cost $5/per can. Simialr to this.

http://www.detailsupplyoutlet.com/item.htm?item_num=438
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-08-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
If you do use the car bombs, make sure to turn on your ac. I can vouch for the car bombs as well.
Old     (wakerider42)      Join Date: May 2002       12-08-2008, 3:08 PM Reply   
I 3rd the bomb things. My sister's dog was in my truck once, got scared, and fired off that potent anal gland stuff. I was pretty sure I would never get it out, but I did one of those bombs (with the A/C on recirculate I believe, as instructed) and it went away completely. Not sure if it will get smoke out since the smoke may be pretty embedded, but I think the bomb is probably your best bet. I have no idea what brand it was.

Good luck,
Danny
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-08-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
thanks guys, i found some of the bomb things are are designed for smoke. theyre only like 8 bucks a can, so i think we're gonna try them out. thanks again