Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-03-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
Heres the deal, i love browsing and seeing what's out there. but every once and a while i come across one of these and just feel like calling the person up and letting them have it. how cool can one person think they are. if your selling something don't you think you should know what your talking about first. and lets not rub it in on how much money we have. wow that will get the offers rolling in. who's with, if you find any more post them here so i can ease my own self consciousness.
Im Sorry........

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/boa/243268033.html
Old    walt            12-03-2006, 4:27 PM Reply   
If that was posted on WW all hell would brake loose.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-03-2006, 4:32 PM Reply   
Thanks WCW!!!
Old     (swab791)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-03-2006, 4:34 PM Reply   
Well...it is sorta listed on WW.com

Let the comments begin
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-03-2006, 4:44 PM Reply   
Injury? Yeah, his head got so massive he toppled over. What a dreamer.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-03-2006, 4:45 PM Reply   
Where? everyone on ww is humble
Old    kvanderg            12-03-2006, 5:38 PM Reply   
I like how he goes for sympathy with:

"Selling for health reasons. Due to illness and injury (unrelated to wakeboarding) I was only able to use the boat for six days this year"

Then follows it up with:

"plus we just began a half a million dollar remodel on our home".

The world if full of interesting people... the key to happiness is laughing at them... not letting them piss you off
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-03-2006, 5:46 PM Reply   
good point KV, if i broke both my legs while riding i still wouldnt sell my boat. i would just be a perminent driver and pull all my friends daily. i love just tripping out on people.
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-04-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
The trailer has "breaks", hope they aren't too serious.
Old    mendo247            12-04-2006, 10:57 AM Reply   
Hes got that wake dialed!
Old     (joe1975)      Join Date: Jan 2006       12-04-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
what about that wash-out on the port side of the wake....what a moron.
Old    kip360            12-04-2006, 11:30 AM Reply   
I emailed this guy this response, we'll see how well he takes it.....I love messing with idiots like this:

This ad has to be some sort of joke. There is no way that someone could be this vain or this stupid as to post an ad like this. Clearly the injury you received was some sort of head injury before you placed this ad for others to see.

I'll offer you $1 for this boat, how's that for negotiating.

Nice to see the trailer at least has breaks, as I'm sure all you do is drive around with it telling people you have a "promotional model" boat and don't actually ever ride behind it, probably due to your lack of skill based on the pictures you posted.

Speaking of which, that's a great one of you staring at yourself in the boat mirror, probably keeping yourself company due to the lack of people that would want to ride with someone as arrogant as to actually put in their ad the pity plea of having to sell your $50,000 boat to reno their home for half a million dollars. Gee let's see your home must be worth more than $1.5 mil for you to put that kind of money into it I would think, either that or your as dumb as the ad shows. One would think that having that kind of money to do those types of renos, you could afford to keep your boat worth a measly $50,000 whether or not you rode behind it once this year.

You clearly must be the laughing stock of the wakeboarding community in your area. Although I'm sure a lot of the other high rollers like yourself in your area are probably to good for a punk boardsport like this.

Good luck on selling this one....you'll need it, trust me.

P.S Slamming other boat models in your ad will really get your far too, you should probably know something about boats other than yours has been in promotional posters, before you start slagging others.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-04-2006, 11:39 AM Reply   
Kip: Why but the guy's ball's. I think its funny that Bryan posted the link to the add we all got a kick out of it. I dont think your e-mail although it is funny or any e-mail is gonna make the guy any smarter as far as selling boats.
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-04-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Bryan did you mis-spell "tired" with "tierd" in your subject line on purpose to accentuate the great spelling in the ad?
Old    kip360            12-04-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
Easy there bling, it's all in good fun. I could really care less if this clown sells fifty boats with ads like this, I only did it to see what kind of response I could get from him. Relax bro.
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       12-04-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
He's upgrading to a tri-engine Fountain... his "I'm a wang" quotient apparently wasn't high enough with the 'bu. Besides, there is no true reason to buy a fountain, so his injury shouldn't be a problem to his ego.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-04-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
Kip: its all good
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-05-2006, 12:08 PM Reply   
mendo 247, love your ride, great colors. tom I noticed you caught my humor. and kip, maybe you and i should seek anger managment classes. you guys rock!
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-05-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
this just in, looks like jabrony boy sold it. and for thoose that saw the ad yesterday, click it again and you will notice he took the pics of him staring at himself in the mirror are gone