Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wiegs)      Join Date: Sep 2010       09-15-2010, 3:56 PM Reply   
These two towers seem very similar, but the krypt is $100 more. The krypt is 2.25" tubing v 2" tubing on the DIY. Is the extra size in the tubing worth the $100? Also neither of these towers seem all that easy to take down. I garage my boat so I would prefer a tower that folds easy. Any opinions on these?

http://www.diywake.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=616

http://www.bulletlines.com/wakeboard...ower-p/250.htm
Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       09-15-2010, 6:03 PM Reply   
I think the tubing size would matter relative to your boat size. If it's a 23' boat I'd go for the larger tubing because it will look more appropriate. If it's a 17' boat I'd go for the smaller tubing. If it's somewhere in between it would be a toss up but in general I think the larger tubing looks better even though it may not provide any additional strength.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-15-2010, 8:23 PM Reply   
Both towers are made by the same manufacturer if that matters to you. They're very similar in design. I guess the biggest thing you are paying extra for is the extra size diameter pipe but I have
ridden the diywake tower. It's solid. We had three pretty hefty riders up behind it at once and didn't notice any flex. It's a real great tower. That being said I have no experience with the bullet but if it's made by the same company I would expect the same quality.