Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-17-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
Hey... just moved down from Alaska. Trying to get to know the area, and wanted to know where all the great places are to ride in and around Phoenix? I came down a couple of years ago and bought a boat from surfside in Tempe (great guys), and rode on lake Pleasent before haveing the boat shiped to the AK. So thats the only one i know of thats close. As of now my boat wont be here till mid april unless I sell it up there and get a new one here. But i would like to be ready for riding when it gets here. So if anybody could help me out that would be great. Or if you just need a third hit me up.
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-17-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
Peter, check find 3rd. The AZ crew has a strong showing over there.
Old    bocephus            01-17-2008, 9:55 AM Reply   
AZ Riders

Not very many "great" places ride here in AZ but there are a few. Most of them are good on weekdays. Weekends can get pretty crazy. We will be out on either Saturday or Sunday, not sure yet, but we go all day long and stop at the bar on the way home for dinner and to watch the game. You can meet us there but you have to swim back to the dock if you want to leave early...

Only one of us is any good though...this is how I ride...

Bocephus (AKA Neckbone) Instructional Video

Firebird is probably the best place to ride if you are on someone elses boat and Powell is probably the best if you are on your boat. Lake Tetekaka is the best if you want something local...but it ain't on a map and is hard to find!
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-17-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
wtf
Old    bocephus            01-17-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
WTF what?
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-17-2008, 10:58 AM Reply   
no offense your boat, your rules; but who in their right mind wants to swim back to the dock
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-17-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Matt - you been riding at all this winter?
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-17-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
nope havent ridden in about 2 months...but the boat is here so once i get my trailer fixed i should be out
Old    bocephus            01-17-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   

quote:

By Matt Crowe (crowem87) on Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 10:58 am:

no offense your boat, your rules; but who in their right mind wants to swim back to the dock

Yup, that's the idea! We don't like wasting gas and butter time driving people back and forth to the dock and bathrooms... Ask anyone who has ridden with us, we ride all day long with no breaks, sleeping, or peenuckle.
Old     (crowem87)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-17-2008, 12:02 PM Reply   
i see makes sense i guess if u wanna make it that serious of a thing- im sure the level of progression is definitely stepped up at that point:-) SWIM AWAY!!!
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-17-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
Haven't been out either in about 2 months. I needed a little break plus the snow has been good up north, so we've been snowboarding every weekend.
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-17-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
Crowe hit me up lets ride.
Old    bocephus            01-17-2008, 12:22 PM Reply   
We are definitely not serious, it's just not fair to the others in the boat if we are constantly taking you to the bathroom, waiting for you to get off your cell phone, etc... And you are correct, most people do end up swimming away...
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-17-2008, 12:58 PM Reply   
Bocephus ~~ I hear ya about waisting time, I USED to ride with a guy that had to drink a beer and smoke a cig every time he had to suit up. I would swim to a boat that is full of good people and out there to ride. O and after seeing your video it would be pretty funny watching you beat yourself to death.
Old     (pete_moss)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-17-2008, 12:59 PM Reply   
I would love to ride with you all day. I can't find anyone who is dedicated enough to devote a whole day. I can barely get them up in the morning most weekends! If only you lived in Iowa...we could live happily ever after! LOL!
Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-17-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
Nope thats cool, we're the same way in the AK. Since our summers are so short we ride from the time we wake up and shake off the night before and ride till the sun goes down, wich is like 3 to 4 in the morning!!! stoping long enough to fill up with fule, beer and red bull!
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-17-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
The AWA is hosting an event on Jan 26th. It's a great way to meet other riders. Info is on our website http://www.theawa.com
Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-17-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
right on Chris thanks...that "freez you fanny off" sounds like alot of fun. might just have to check that out. where is Two Cow Cove? do you need a boat to get there or can you drive?
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-17-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
Peter, I'm sure being from AK it wont be that cold.. you might have an advantage :-)

Two Cow Cove is at Lake Pleasant on the way to the 10 lane ramp. If you click on it on the events page there are directions. Yes you can drive to it. It is on a dirt road, but easily accessible for most cars.
Old     (lil_braswell)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-17-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
Hey what's up Jason? I hear ya the snow has been too good to pass up. Aspen, Beaver Creek and Whistler for NYE were all epic. I haven't made it up to snowbowl yet, but I plan on it. Can't this weekend, but let me know if you head up next weekend.

Ryan, not wanting to waste people's time makes sense. Plus if it is your boat people gotta play by your rules. Otherwise there are always other crews to ride with if you don't have all day. It's all for the love of the sport.

Matt, let me know when that trailer is fixed and you need a third. Once it gets a little warmer we will all get back out on the water. Can't WAIT!
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       01-17-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
Hey Matt, give me a call sometime I,m a good swimmer.... Larry
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-17-2008, 4:52 PM Reply   
Question: I've got some family friends that live on a private ski lake in Chandler. Any ideas how this lake is? I was thinking of heading over there for a few days in June. Thanks for the heads up.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-17-2008, 5:52 PM Reply   
stephan do you know what lake it is?
Old     (azpowerhouse)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-17-2008, 8:37 PM Reply   
Hey Jason, where all have you been riding at? You guys heading out to watch the awa thing?

Ryan, we went up to snowbowl last week, two days, sweet but windy in the am. There was minimal ice, it was nice, hit some boxes, pretty chill all around.

Who else has been snowboarding, and where?
Old     (turbonine)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-17-2008, 9:06 PM Reply   
I will probably go to the AWA event. Haven't seen many of those peeps for a while.

Sunrise, Mammoth, Sunrise, Sunrise, Sunrise, sick of Sunrise. Need to get back to Mammoth.

Ryan & Jason - Anytime you want to go to Sunrise, I've got some super nice places to stay.