Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jfd)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-06-2012, 6:39 PM Reply   
Sup guys, here's my problem/dilemma...

I've been ridding my phase5 prop for about 4 years now, it's beaten as hell and I think the flotation of it isn't as optimal as it used to be.

Also, I changed my boat this year, going from a wakesetter that had a short but steep wake, to a MC X15, that has a less steep wake but a really loooooong one, with less push.

I need a board that will be really quick on the water, will be good for spins, airs un shuv-its, so it needs to be good for riding switch.

I'm weighting 200 lbs, and i'd like to stay with smaller board (under 55")

thanks for your suggestions!

(for an idea of my riding style: http://www.wakeqc.com/nouvelles/wake...e-saison-2012/ )
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2012, 7:19 PM Reply   
You can go for the Danielo Pro Carbon 54" f you want the same shape as the prop but lighter, stiffer, and poppier.
or the Danielo Diamond 54" if you want a looser feel with a little bit more speed.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2012, 7:21 PM Reply   
almost forgot to mention, great riding!
Old     (jfd)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-06-2012, 7:54 PM Reply   
thanks mate,will the drew dannielo pro model float better than my old prop? Have you tried inland surfer boards? the Keenan pro model seems nice also!

I wanna make shure that I get a boar that will be able to hold my weight on the wake pictured (in the video) above!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-06-2012, 8:26 PM Reply   
it will float a bit better, and the diamond will float even more while staying at 54"

the Keenan is a reat board, but they only come at 51" which is too small for you.

You shred on that prop, so I think a Danielo Pro Carbon 54" would be the perfect transition
Old     (jfd)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-06-2012, 8:50 PM Reply   
alright thanks mitch! it's hard to pick a board without being able to try it out first!
Old     (dejoeco)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-07-2012, 7:52 AM Reply   
I would agree to stay away from the Keenan because it is too small./ It is a good board, but I am 185 and it is too slow for me. I ride the Phase Five Pro carbon and it is good board. I have tried the Diamond, but I did not like it as much.