Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-11-2006, 6:29 PM Reply   
My perfect pass is reporting correct speed and beeps when it’s within capture speed, but it doesn’t drive the servo to control speed. On engine startup I think the control is supposed to calibrate, but we didn’t see the control do anything. With the engine off I rotated the knob, building up and taking out slack around the control shaft. I could take up slack but I couldn’t move the throttle linkage with the hand control.

We ran our session without PP, and I had to leave the lake quickly so I didn’t get a chance look for a blown fuse. Any ideas on what to look for?

Thanks!
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-11-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
Quoting Perfect Pass's installation manual:

"To check servo & servo power wire, with key off turn black knob on servo motor counter clockwise 3/4 of a turn. Now turn key on and black knob should turn clockwise about 3/4 of a turn as part of the auto tighten. If it does, repeat procedure, except this time hold black knob gently to apply some resistance to auto tighten. If it rotates with good strength then it would appear servo & servo power cable are fine.

If it does not rotate or just vibrates, then a wiring phase coming to the servo maybe loose or broken. Inspect all wiring around servo. Pull both white plugs apart at servo & inspect pins to ensure they are in place. Gently tug on each wire to ensure they are securely in crimp. Check at mast Module where cable is connected"

later on...:
"If motor does not wind in, but simply vibrates for 5-6 seconds, the servo power cable at Master Module may be plugged in upside down or a connector at servo motor may be damaged."

"If you cannot locate problem, contact Perfect Pass. 902-468-2150"

I was going to add, it sounds like the Servo connector at the Perfect Pass master module has come undone. The connector is not very vibration worthy.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-13-2006, 3:17 PM Reply   
A solder joint on the power connection broke. My dealer got me in for repair; in and out in one day. Thanks Mike and Steve!