Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-13-2005, 11:37 PM Reply   
Every summer I get excited about the warm weather and the times on the lake. Then it flys bu and pretty soon it ends. Always kind of bums me out when the weather starts getting colder
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-14-2005, 12:14 AM Reply   
summer's still here for another 6 weeks down here. yeah, colder weather bums me out too. oh well, colder weather equals less peeps on the water.
Old    260searay            09-14-2005, 2:56 AM Reply   
Lake Erie is all ready down to about 68 degrees. I will probably think about just going ahead and wearing the dry suit next time. Not worth getting sick every time out.
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-14-2005, 4:24 AM Reply   
As soon as the cold weather starts coming in I want to sell my house and move back to Florida, summer hits and I decide to stay....
Old    fl_girl            09-14-2005, 5:26 AM Reply   
I love the weather here in the south. The only good thing about summer ending it's the beginning of hunting season.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-14-2005, 6:22 AM Reply   
we ride in boardshorts until just after thanksgiving usually. Then it's spring suit until early March.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-14-2005, 7:14 AM Reply   
I've still got multiple weeks left of riding, but I know what you mean. I was out riding on Norris yesterday and all along the water beside the shore was fallen leaves :-(
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-14-2005, 8:17 AM Reply   
I don't really get bummed. I think my body likes the rest. I ride year round but a lot less in the winter. December, January, and February are the only drysuit months.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2005, 8:25 AM Reply   
I get bummed, but I can also look forward to snowboarding soon as well. I need to get out a lot more on the snow this year seeing as I didn't get out once last year because of my job..

However, I will be looking forward to getting out on the water all winter long..
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       09-14-2005, 9:37 AM Reply   
when summer ends here that generally means no more daily rain, and more surf. it is in the mid 70's pretty much all winter though
Old     (ss1234)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-14-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
Might be a new post topic, but one day (last winter) my son asked, what do you like better wakeboarding or snowboarding? I thought easy answer, depends on the conditions. Then I explained about standing on a ridge at 8am, 3ft deep blanket of light fresh uncut snow below, crystal blue skies, no wind, air temp 'bout 15. We then compared and contrasted that to Shasta butter at 6:30am, 150 degree rule in play (air temp + water temp), no other boats in site, and a boat load of friends......at that point we decided not such an easy answer, for different reasons.

But looking back, this summer I can't remember thinking about snowboarding once while on the boat, but last winter I thought about the warm weather of wakeboarding while freezing my body parts off riding up the lift.

So short answer to the orignal question...yes.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2005, 10:15 AM Reply   
End of summer means less wallys on the water, so I dont get too upset. I just break out the drysuit and enjoy the butter. Lack of bikinis does bring a sadness all in its own though.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-14-2005, 10:16 AM Reply   
I am not bummed, I am excited my lake is full of people in the summer you can barely ride. But now it is going to be empty I will be able to ride as much as I want when I want. I am leaving for the lake for 10 days on friday with no one there. I can't wait to get back some of my tricks and learn some new ones. Thank god for fall and winter!
Old    byerly137pro            09-14-2005, 12:54 PM Reply   
Fall/winter brings hockey, snowboarding, snow days, ambushing buses with snowballs, whats not to like about winter. There's lots of stuff to occupy your time so that your not thinking about the water.
Old    lamreaux            09-14-2005, 1:35 PM Reply   
Bummed? No ... suicidal is more like it. Drysuits are no good in the Great White North when you can drive your car on the lake. I dread the sore neck I get in winter that comes from shivering endlessly.
Old     (wakeboarder123)      Join Date: May 2004       09-14-2005, 3:55 PM Reply   
wake me up when may begins

put me to sleep when september ends

Old    murrayair            09-14-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
I've got drysuits, wetsuits and a hot shower in the boat, so staying warm isn't too much of an issue for me. But we have to winterize the boat every year, which sucks. Otherwise I would ride through the winter. I love summer.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-14-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
I am SUPER bummed, I havent ridden in nearly 3 weeks, and to step away from the sport when progression was upon me hurt bad. This summer was my most progressive summer yet, heel 3s, toe 3s, grab heel 3s, worken the heel 5s, real close behind my boat (small wake), worken toe 5s and switch heel 3s
I went out all morning the day I had to leave for school, I wanted to return but Katrina caused me to not afford gas, now Im jumpingout of my skin that gas is less than 3 dollars a gallon and Im all about goen home this weekend and ripping one last ride! we'll see how it looks, might have a date with this chic and I keep telling myself.... "no girl has kept you from riding, you must ride"
priorities... they hurt, especially when theres barely any girls at this school...
I will look forward to snow skiing, but Im a little nervous because last winter I fcked my MCL twice, but I wanna jump on some new sticks and stick some 9s and switch 7s bad, and Ive got crew until november, so Im still on the water, which is good, but every time it turns to butter, my eyes get teary haha
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-14-2005, 7:41 PM Reply   
I LOVE the summer, and definitely prefer warm weather, but mixin' it up is good. Cool nights are okay, camping in the fall is good, and last winter I got a taste of winter riding, and it has huge advantages! I'm investing in a drysuit for sure!

Cuddling is more fun in the winter too.

(Message edited by gypsy12 on September 14, 2005)
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-14-2005, 8:26 PM Reply   
The glass in winter makes it all worth it.

And cuddling is always a plus.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       09-14-2005, 8:29 PM Reply   
I think that settles it, I'm moving to Florida. I can't stand one more frigid California winter.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-14-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
total bummage here.
Old     (lop)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-14-2005, 11:45 PM Reply   
I think here in january we break out the hockey skates, that's the only way we hit the lake
Old    dyonisus            09-15-2005, 7:44 AM Reply   
the end of summer sucks - of course I usually head to SoCal around this time so I am not worried about missing the sun or the bikinis. Of course if it were warmer in the T Dot all year round, I probably would not migrate to Cali for the winter months so frequently, well except for the fact that I can surf there and surfing in Ontario SUCKS!!!
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-15-2005, 8:34 AM Reply   
Thane - You move to Florida...yeah right; Mr. "I go to Mammoth every weekend."
Old     (fyrdawg)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-15-2005, 9:19 AM Reply   
I was on the water yesterday and this very topic was discussed. Yeah, the end of summer sucks but the water is typically butter, the kooks aren't out doing monster power-turns, and its peaceful. Its cooler but then again thats what wet-suits and sweatshirts are for. I am looking forward to snowboarding and some deep }powder but summertime and chillin with the crew is ALWAYS on my mind...
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-15-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
Here's the sequence:

Wakeboard (june-oct) => Wakeboard Camp (Nov) => Ski (Dec-April) => Boat Pimping Projects (May) => and so on...

So what's the big deal?