Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-24-2017, 11:42 AM Reply   
What a jem this is! Paid $10,000 for this! I cant stop laughing

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/fuo/6055650462.html
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-24-2017, 12:14 PM Reply   
lol Dang! You paid too much buddy ha ha. This must be Lon's bed.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-24-2017, 12:21 PM Reply   
Haha "must be Lon's bed". That's just cold.
Old     (macpres)      Join Date: Jul 2016       03-24-2017, 7:55 PM Reply   
$100 he never went "riding" in that thing
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       03-27-2017, 7:56 PM Reply   
LOL
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-28-2017, 6:30 AM Reply   
Wow: He says he paid 10k somthing tells me this was not a good investment. That said this would be a fun bed set at some kids wake board camp but other then that it's about as classy/mature as one of those kids Ferrari beds. And what do you think the medals are from?
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-28-2017, 7:01 AM Reply   
10K my ass.... every one of the 14 Cope/Ultimate stores had one of those WakeAir riser sets with a tower and stereo on it. He probably got it at auction for next to nothing if not free.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-28-2017, 10:21 AM Reply   
^^^ That's right now I remember that set up. They had those displays or ones very much like them at all the stores you mentioned. Brings me back to the Heyday of wakeboard boats. Lots of grass roots companies like Liquid Trends & WakeAir & Boss, Titan, Roswell were all just brand new and killing it. Back to a time when every dude was a contractor with 2-3 homes in the Valley and used his homes as a Credit Card to buy a lifted DuraMax and a Centurion from Copes with a Liquid Trends stereo.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-28-2017, 12:09 PM Reply   
As a furniture designer myself this bed misses the mark by a long shot.

But if you tried to manufacture that bed to the mass market the selling price isn't that far off. Metal in china is expensive right now. But price doesn't matter because nobody would buy it.

Last edited by jonblarc7; 03-28-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-28-2017, 1:46 PM Reply   
Blair as a furniture designer. I say just "Re Market" it remove the WakeAir stickers and put a "50 shades of Grey" bed in the title and the retards come running and will snatch that thing right up. Include some fuzzy hand cuffs and a whip and that thing will be gone!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-28-2017, 5:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
^^^ That's right now I remember that set up. They had those displays or ones very much like them at all the stores you mentioned. Brings me back to the Heyday of wakeboard boats. Lots of grass roots companies like Liquid Trends & WakeAir & Boss, Titan, Roswell were all just brand new and killing it. Back to a time when every dude was a contractor with 2-3 homes in the Valley and used his homes as a Credit Card to buy a lifted DuraMax and a Centurion from Copes with a Liquid Trends stereo.
Wow! Little bitter? Don't forget to mention the True Religion jeans they wore and Country music they played while you're on your rant of things you hate.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-29-2017, 5:25 AM Reply   
Grant

I was thinking more like add a flat screen TV to the wall and have Shaun Murray's Wakeboarding Unleashed ready to play at all times.

Now we have a multi media bed for a little boys rooms.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2017, 10:01 AM Reply   
Jarod: hey you bring up a good point. It's no joke that some people that thought they were making good financial choices at the time lost everything. I think my post Did not think about them and that many people here on W/W may have been effected buy the crash Ect. That's My bad! But yes your right county and bedazzled jeans are pretty horrible
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-29-2017, 10:21 AM Reply   
hahaha!