Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-27-2012, 6:11 PM Reply   
Anyone have a recommendation of where to ride in the Keys?

We will be heading there soon and would like to take a set or 2. Thanks.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       12-27-2012, 6:53 PM Reply   
Not the Atlantic side

We just went there in sept and it seemed like there are plenty of good places with calm water to ride but I never saw a wakeboat the entire trip

Sent from my iPhone newtys droid killer using Tapatalk
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-28-2012, 6:14 AM Reply   
Check out Otherside Boardshop in Islamorada. They just put in a two tower cable system nearby, although I haven't seen it yet myself. I believe they also have a boat. Not sure if you're bringing your own boat, but if so definitely talk to these guys since they know the area well. This time of year they're all about kiting!
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       12-28-2012, 8:00 PM Reply   
I'm actually down in the keys right now! The cable system they have down here is awesome I would highly suggest riding there. For boat riding I have no clue sadly.
Old     (ToPHeR35)      Join Date: Jul 2011       12-29-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
i doubt you'll see any boats down there....salt water isn't the best for motors...
Old    sdahockey21            12-30-2012, 5:40 PM Reply   
Definitely check out Keys Cable! They have 2 two-tower cable systems at mile marker 59 in grassy key! Awesome place to ride.

Keys Cable! - http://keyscable.com/ and on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/KeysCable?fref=ts
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-31-2012, 7:08 AM Reply   
@ Sam Adams, thanks! Keyscable is only 1.5 miles away from where we are staying! I'm going to call them this week. It looks like they also run a Nautique so hopefully we can book that for a couple hours of riding too.