Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-17-2011, 9:46 AM Reply   
I'm thinking of trying to round up all the local boaters we have met over the past few years and have a little get together in the Delta around the Discovery Bay/Orwood Resort area.

My thought is that we just get a bunch of folks out to a easy place to get to and link all the boats up and have a good time. Kinda the same thing we did at Spring Ride 2011, a good bunch of folks having a good time. See if we can bring the good old crowd out again. You know who you guys are:
Mikeski
Grant
Jason
Ben aka 8tens
Ryan
Robert Jeff
Shawn
Dennis
Thomas
Jason
the list goes on and on…

So what do you folks think, we would plan on linking up in the same way the Bump has been dose in the past. A grass roots event, no cost to anyone but their own personal needs (gas, drink, food, etc…) aka FREE! We'll have a DJ playing music it's up to everyone to bring the PARTY!

Anyone interested, thinking about the weekend of the 10th or 17th on the Saturday. It will be at a place where you can camp (tents or RVs). If I can get interest from at least 10 folks I'll pull the trigger on it ASAP!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2011, 11:29 AM Reply   
I think this is a great idea....but I bet you will never get Grant to the Delta.....lol
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-17-2011, 3:43 PM Reply   
Already had the conversation with him. His exact words were "I won't pack everything up and spend a weekend there" So I told him to just come up for the day.

We did this for the 4th of July, rented all the 9 campsites at Orwood and brought in a total of 13 RVs and about 80 people. This was a close friends group camping thing that we have done for years at random lakes. Never a bunch of boats cause only 4 or 5 of us have them. That's what lead me to this little get together geared towards the boating crowd. We had a GREAT time!

I would love to take this out to a nice lake, but would also like to have a small one this season. I have very few open weekends left and none that allow me to be away for 3 to 4 days. Delta would allow for a workday on Friday and drive up in the evening, get together on Saturday and home in time for prior commitments on Sunday.

Any takers for the weekend of Sept 17th?
Old     (1sikkvlx)      Join Date: Apr 2009       08-17-2011, 6:42 PM Reply   
Im in YO!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-17-2011, 8:13 PM Reply   
I'm in.

Keep in mind the Sheriffs have been really bad this year so that's likely to put a significant damper on the event if we do it anywhere near Orwood. How about Bruno's or even somewhere up on the Sac river? I'm still in either way.
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-17-2011, 10:39 PM Reply   
Great Idea....
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-20-2011, 10:01 PM Reply   
Count me in!

I can hang out and party thats about all right now!
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-21-2011, 7:27 AM Reply   
Depending when, we are in
Old     (rukie)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-21-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
Johny- I got your note on FB and this sounds like such a good time. I am pretty sure Im in Tahoe the 17th, but if my plans fall through or date changes I would definitely be in.
Old     (chucktronics)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-21-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
Johnny- With the Extinction of the original concept of B@!P , Lets get it done.
Old     (cprfab)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-21-2011, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktronics View Post
Johnny- With the Extinction of the original concept of B@!P , Lets get it done.
^^^ What he said ^^^
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-21-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
Weekend of the 17th of Sept?

Ryan give me a call when you can let's plan this out!
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-21-2011, 7:53 PM Reply   
How about we call it Linked! Gotta give Grant credit for the name!
Old     (pdqwrx)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-22-2011, 12:23 AM Reply   
Hey guys, let me know if I can be of any assistance...

Scott
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-22-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
I would volunteer to bring out my 2012 MB TWb to give whoever wants a ride can get one. Maybe even be able to get another boat or two. Likely we could get Norcal Hyperlite guys out for the day to hang and maybe bring there 21' Tomcat. Not trying to make it a sponsored type think or a sales pitch, but just a thought. Don't want no drama or turn it into a demo day. Either way I am down to bring my group. Old Skool Delta Posse (OSDP) in effect!
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-22-2011, 10:21 AM Reply   
Thanks for the offer Buffalow, can you get with Jason Callen, he was going to get a few guys together for an inprompto rail jam on the new rails right outside Orwood. PM or call me if you need his contact info. I left that part up to him.

To everyone interested, I'll have confirmation today on whether or not we can confirm the 17th weekend as "ours" I'll post up details as soon as I can.

This may turn out to be a very funny gathering. With the names I see it looks like this will not only bring back the good times from Bump but also from the DRA events.

Again this is not an official event, it's a get together of friends.

anyone wants to contact me feel free to do so at 408-230-3093

Thanks,
Johnny
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-22-2011, 10:39 AM Reply   
It's confirmed, I have 8 camp site on the point with hookups (no sewer).

September 17th weekend from Friday to Sunday. We'll call it the Linked Up Get Together. Anyone interest in helping or camping on the point please give me a call at 408-230-3093. There are additional camp site at Orwood in the general camping area.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-22-2011, 5:18 PM Reply   
I am picking up my parents from a cruise in SF on that Saturday morning. We will roll out there Sunday AM.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       08-23-2011, 11:55 PM Reply   
I am deffinately interested , Keep us posted