Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    shanny            07-20-2004, 7:51 PM Reply   
Which should I get? rope or vest? let me give you a little background about why im looking into buying either. I want to buy a vest because my life jackets are your regular Canadian Tire life jackets (they're crappy) and they hurt when you fall you see...the lifejackets front and back are not connected except for over the shoulders. Around your stomach there are straps that connect front + back when you fall the straps and the vest shift up and the straps hurt your armpits, and the 2 sides of the front fold over each other so it hurts. And I know your thinking its obiously too large, but I fit right into the weight catagory. so thats for the vest but the rope, well the rope I have is I think too small, its approx. 65ft and I dont know if it is a non stretch rope. Due to the thread on non stretch ropes, and so many people saying it will help so much, I want to see for myself. I've got a grey proline three years old. and it already ripped and the loop where you hook it up to the boat but my dad just tied a knot and I dont know if thats too good either.
peace out
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       07-20-2004, 8:05 PM Reply   
I'd go with the vest.
Old     (seaswirlmike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-20-2004, 9:06 PM Reply   
cant go wrong w/ a vest thats for sure
Old    howie            07-20-2004, 9:58 PM Reply   
look on e bay I got one for 40 life jacket Now looking for rope. rope exp.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2004, 6:59 AM Reply   
Buy a cheap vest at walmart and get a decent Rope
Old    shanny            07-21-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
ok thanx for the posts guys
Old    shanny            07-21-2004, 9:34 AM Reply   
but will the rope help?
Old     (wakeforce139)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-21-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
get the rope, it will definitely help, either get a cheap vest or suck it up and take the pain from the one you have now till you can get a better one
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-21-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
yeah you need a spectra rope so it doesn't stretch.